Relegation 23/24 Thread

If he walks, Villa will deal with it; they won’t cease to exist or anything.

The point is that selling some of our high value players can potentially allow us an opportunity to improve, like Villa did after selling Grealish.

Relegation would be a disaster, but selling a young centre half for a figure in line with the prize money for winning the Champions League will not.

Oh I’ve got no problem with selling anyone. My main gripe is that there’s Villa, an upwardly mobile team with a top manager who will be forced to sell their best players to their competitors or face a points deduction. Meanwhile United who have been a shambles can continue to spend with barely any restriction, same with Spurs, same with all the sky 6.

Oh I’ve got no problem with selling anyone. My main gripe is that there’s Villa, an upwardly mobile team with a top manager who will be forced to sell their best players to their competitors or face a points deduction. Meanwhile United who have been a shambles can continue to spend with barely any restriction, same with Spurs, same with all the sky 6.
But in large part they are upwardly mobile because they've spent fortunes on fees and (probably more importantly) wages, including on a fair few players heading towards 30 like Digne or Carlos. They're playing the exact game Moshiri played, trying to get instant results rather than future value. And they've done that much more successfully than we did for sure, but that game will always have some FFP consequences.

You just keep wishing for a surprising win, but it’s not coming, holding on against Brighton could have changed everything. Something has to change, but I can’t see where the spark is gonna come from atm.
Although I do feel like it is more likely to come away from home

1 game close to survival I suppose, person see us getting a max of 9 points this season Sheff U, Burnley an Luton, think we lose every other game

…it’s not good but it’s not going to be good because the chronic problems off the pitch will always manifest themselves on it.

Best chance we have is a joined-up fans/team having an attitude that everything is against us all. Attitude is our opportunity, there are worst teams but not worst situations.

Last edited:
Is luton losing 4 in a row good or bad? Cheers then
Every game they lose is a game closer to winning a game something something freedom to lose.

They have lost a few after valiant performances. Couple of those can be good, gives the manager something to build on, but losing valiantly every week and it just becomes a stat - 4 losses in a row.

They deserve credit for outperforming the names on their teamsheet, a couple of their players have easily outperformed Harrison, McNeil etc. But at the end of the day, as a whole, they are even crapper than us purely because they leak goals.