2023/24 Amadou Onana

He's easily the most comfortable player on the ball as well, He's playing a role for the manager at the moment and he's doing it very well, sometimes it can look like he's taking the easy option but thats 100% the managers instructions. One of the first things I remember hearing from Dyche when he joined was that he wants Onana to be more like Steven Defour, I think he even set up a meeting between the 2.
what I find the most distressing is when onana is on the bench or not in contention , dyche seems to have gana assigned as a ball playing midfielder which is very problematic. Frank did the same thing. But I agree there's definitely the midfield seems more composed when he's involved and there's clear signs of progress to his game, he used to be atrocious with headers and that has improved significantly

One of those "game completely passed him by" performances today.

I can only guess with no Gana his instructions were to sit deep and nullify West Ham'd physical midfielders.

However last 10 minutes when being on the front foot was required his passing was dreadful and then he took that awful shot that flew miles over the bar.

For someone who has (allegedly) so many suitors he needs to start dominating these type of games more as I seem to miss the endless games when he apparently does.

One of those "game completely passed him by" performances today.

I can only guess with no Gana his instructions were to sit deep and nullify West Ham'd physical midfielders.

However last 10 minutes when being on the front foot was required his passing was dreadful and then he took that awful shot that flew miles over the bar.

For someone who has (allegedly) so many suitors he needs to start dominating these type of games more as I seem to miss the endless games when he apparently does.

Really drives me nuts this, players who have no history of scoring goals from there taking shots just because they're frustrated about the attack. Just recycle the ball!

Gana also does a hopeless shot at least once a game so seems the DM just gets bored watching all the attacks and wants the glory themselves. One a season will likely fly in but that's it.
You almost hate for them to score those because it just encourages more of that behaviour. Happens in my 5-aside matches too lol

His radar was miles off today. Basic passes misplaced repeatedly. Thinking he might be realising just how bad a side he is part of and it isn't going to fix itself.

20 odd thousand people shouting for him to shoot from 30 yards and then moaning when he inevitably bins it into the street end.

Weirdos.

Hes gonna look a brilliant player in a side where he's allowed to do what he's good at and doesn't feel like he needs to fill the gaps for the attacking players who are completely useless.

20 odd thousand people shouting for him to shoot from 30 yards and then moaning when he inevitably bins it into the street end.

Weirdos.

Hes gonna look a brilliant player in a side where he's allowed to do what he's good at and doesn't feel like he needs to fill the gaps for the attacking players who are completely useless.
What is he good at I’m still trying to work it out ?