2023/24 Sean Dyche

I wish i was. It wouldnt be so tragic then.
He's 1 shot on target from 17.
Calvert Lewin is not the problem. But he is definitely part of something that is a big problem.

I think that's the fairest way of putting it.

We need our centre forward to play much better and start scoring but we need everyone around him to do better too, and the manager to find solutions.

Name me 1 chance from any of those games.

Unless you think Gana blasting over from 50 yards is your idea of a chance.
I think it was the same with Brighton yesterday, they had 3 times more shots, but how many of them were really big chances? Not many. I think our first shot yesterday was when Doucs volley cleared, which was the biggest chance in the game until then, despite they had 10 shots at least till then. Definitely our attacking was insufficient in the first half. 0 out 0 is not what I expect.

The quality of shots is a problem for us yes, but yet some chances that were quite big.

Against Palace, I would count the header from 5 meters in min 80 from DCL and myb Garner's shot from 14 meters. Doucs from 2 meters, when he missed the deflection.

Spurs: Chermiti when he got a cross.

Against Fulham: Beto over the bar from 2 meters, dcl header and Tarks shot on the bar.

Yes, some of them were of set piece, but also set pieces are chances.

Calvert Lewin is not the problem. But he is definitely part of something that is a big problem.

I think that's the fairest way of putting it.

We need our centre forward to play much better and start scoring but we need everyone around him to do better too, and the manager to find solutions.

Calvert lewin is a problem. Not the only one granted but he is most def a problem. A striker who hasnt scored in half a season should never be classed as not a problem

The Villa chance was the last real chance I recall him having.

Sure good Strikers slot some of the half chances hes had recently, but as I said yesterday, hes not missing chance after chance in games.

Hes in bad form and he needs a goal.

Anyway, this is the Dyche thread.

Would be super if he attempted to win some games at some point, but if we draw every game we probably stay up, I guess it depends whether people are happy to just escape relegation every season, we chased Big Sam out for finishing 8th by the way.
If you finish 17th, then get a 10 point penalty, then it's going to be nothing other than a relegation season. I don't like it, but it's the truth. If we stay up this year given all the off field nonsense, Dyche has done well.

If we do stay up and again next season, then the decision is whether we give Dyche another contract. If things can settle down and we can get some sort of stability off field, I would be looking to move on. But I have no idea if we actually will get to that point.

Calvert lewin is a problem. Not the only one granted but he is most def a problem. A striker who hasnt scored in half a season should never be classed as not a problem
Everyone involved in our attacking play needs to do far better, including Dom, and including the manager.

His lack of goals is a major problem, but so is our lack of chance creation in recent weeks.

If you finish 17th, then get a 10 point penalty, then it's going to be nothing other than a relegation season. I don't like it, but it's the truth. If we stay up this year given all the off field nonsense, Dyche has done well.

If we do stay up and again next season, then the decision is whether we give Dyche another contract. If things can settle down and we can get some sort of stability off field, I would be looking to move on. But I have no idea if we actually will get to that point.
We did well when we puffed out our chest and ploughed out some victories, currently im seeing a woe is me attitude around the club and it stinks.

That little spell in March/April will answer all questions for me.

1708881239201.png

Everyone involved in our attacking play needs to do far better, including Dom, and including the manager.

His lack of goals is a major problem, but so is our lack of chance creation in recent weeks.

A few goals here and there from him and the other striker would take the spotlight of everyone.
Calvert lewin and beto have 4 goals between them.
Lutons striker has 9 goals by himself. Double our strike force.
Wether we like it or not your strikers win you a % of games over a season.
Ours havent a clue what that square thing with netting is.

We did well when we puffed out our chest and ploughed out some victories, currently im seeing a woe is me attitude around the club and it stinks.

That little spell in March/April will answer all questions for me.
Eventually pressure gets to anyone in any walk of life.

I can understand why this is starting to effect the players. Uncertainty is worse to deal with than just a sense of injustice.

Very difficult to win that many games with a bang average side who were extremely lucky to survive the last 2 years

We have no clue how many points we need. Which is why I am baffled at the manager playing for a draw every week.
We have had 3 very bad managers, which has led to 3 relegation battles.

Nothing more, nothing less.