2023/24 Sean Dyche

Name me 1 chance from any of those games.

Unless you think Gana blasting over from 50 yards is your idea of a chance.

You've just got the point. To be classed as an attempt you've got to be at least attacking. Hitting the target is another matter and the point.

Hello dominic.

We didn't have a go at home to Crystal Palace. We haven't tried to play with intent for weeks. The last number of home games have been abysmal.

Gilbert just posted we created we had 23 attacking phases. Ive no reason to doubt him. To be honest thats a bad example for you to use, as Palace did what you accuse Dyche of doing they just sat in.

Lads above are talking about Fulham VS Utd and Fulham having a go, at Goodison we mullard them for 90 mins attacking, they sat in and caught us on the counter.

You've just got the point. To be classed as an attempt you've got to be at least attacking. Hitting the target is another matter and the point.

Hello dominic.
I guess me and others who want to see more attacking intent are wrong then?

We are indeed playing free flowing attacking football, my mistake, please score more from the halfway line Dom.

Gilbert just posted we created we had 23 attacking phases. Ive no reason to doubt him. To be honest thats a bad example for you to use, as Palace did what you accuse Dyche of doing they just sat in.

Lads above are talking about Fulham VS Utd and Fulham having a go, at Goodison we mullard them for 90 mins attacking, they sat in and caught us on the counter.
I have no idea what 23 attacking phases means, but against Crystal Palace we absolutely did not play on the front foot and we absolutely did not play with intent.

It's not a bad example at all. No one can surely think we played good front foot attacking football in that game

I guess me and others who want to see more attacking intent are wrong then?

We are indeed playing free flowing attacking football, my mistake, please score more from the halfway line Dom.

Your mate dominic has had 17 attempts in the last 5 games. On target. 1.

Name me 1 chance from any of those games.

Unless you think Gana blasting over from 50 yards is your idea of a chance.
We have had a couple of big chances in those games - just not enough - and usually not until deep into the game. We start games so slowly and completely give up the initiaitive.

Beto missed an absolute sitter from 4 yards at Fulham. Doucoure missed a great chance against Palace.

But the issue is we have not created enough recently, and that means your big misses hurt much more.

I have no idea what 23 attacking phases means, but against Crystal Palace we absolutely did not play on the front foot and we absolutely did not play with intent.

It's not a bad example at all. No one can surely think we played good front foot attacking football in that game

The palace games were as dull as you could get. But the league game we did have 63% possession and 23 attempts. With only 4 on target.
The cup games ive erased from my memory.

You see this is the thing - attacking football exists on a spectrum, you have lads who will want to tika taka it about, others who will want a balance, others direct, others with high intensity presses, other %'s, others with pace, others with central playmakers, others passing between the line etc. So its actually not that binary. So trying to argue with lads about attacking football, will be more elaborate then binary we do or dont - because it exists on a spectrum and in a context.

We were flat against Palace and the performance was disappointing, i dont think that is because we didnt try to attack or went out not to attack - i think the performance level was low but we should have scored three or four from chances created.

Yesterday we should have at least three, its not creating chances or attacking thats an issue its finishing. The manager isnt sending us out not to attack and we do attack.

Not true Tim, Dom missed both those chances, hes the sole reason.
He's had only half chances in recent weeks. ALthough I'd still expect him to take one at some point. The Villa miss was the big one, and the miss at 2-1 down against City hurt as well.

Collectively we have been awful in front of goal all season, but in recent weeks we've also created far less too.

Just think of our recent home games - Palace Cup very little. Luton cup very little and an all round appalling performance. Villa home not much but 1 big miss. Spurs home much better, Palace league really really poor.

I think one of the main issues is the failure to start games properly and that suggests the team is set up thinking they can't get beat.

He's had only half chances in recent weeks. ALthough I'd still expect him to take one at some point. The Villa miss was the big one, and the miss at 2-1 down against City hurt as well.

Collectively we have been awful in front of goal all season, but in recent weeks we've also created far less too.

Just think of our recent home games - Palace Cup very little. Luton cup very little and an all round appalling performance. Villa home not much but 1 big miss. Spurs home much better, Palace league really really poor.

I think one of the main issues is the failure to start games properly and that suggests the team is set up thinking they can't get beat.
The Villa chance was the last real chance I recall him having.

Sure good Strikers slot some of the half chances hes had recently, but as I said yesterday, hes not missing chance after chance in games.

Hes in bad form and he needs a goal.

Anyway, this is the Dyche thread.

Would be super if he attempted to win some games at some point, but if we draw every game we probably stay up, I guess it depends whether people are happy to just escape relegation every season, we chased Big Sam out for finishing 8th by the way.