Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bringing on Ashley Young is putting us down to 10 men, so last few minutes was basically 10 v 10 🫤

A point gained or 2 points lost? All depends on your viewpoint. Imo You have to go on how the game panned out and I think it was definitely 2 points lost, should've managed those last minutes better than we did.
Don’t disagree that we should have played out the remaining time against 10 men better than we did and held on for the unlikely win.

Look at our subs bench today though, that is the true measure of how far we have fallen.

If Doucoure was genuinely knackered, Dyche didn’t have many options. There’s much debate as to whether or not Dele will ever play for us again. A few more injuries and he might have to.

Are we becoming Burnley now?

let us not remember they went down with him at the helm. Apples to oranges I suppose comparing two clubs, but there is a common denominator. We have been not very good for a long time and seeing us constantly fail really does my head in.
The team is a decent mid-table team! Without the 10 point deduction we would be on 31 points and already safe. All this whingeing is pathetic.

I wish people would put their brain in gear as to the true measure of the team on the pitch at present...

I didn't see the game, but I think most of us would have taken a draw. Knowing that we were 1 up against ten men though and then concede late is a real sickener.
Yes, it is and you're right, most of us would have taken a draw beforehand but Brighton should have been out of sight in the first half. Their forwards must have spent all week practising pass backs to the keeper. Everything seemed to land in Pickford's hands. We're a really poor outfit and we can't afford to keep throwing gifts away.

We need a manager who doesn't belong on the side of a Sunday League pitch. That's what we need.

Appalling today, from all concerned. The manager at the head of the list of cuplrits.

26 shots for Brighton apparently?

Wrong without points back Dyche takes us down, his substitutions have cost us more points than we`ve lost.

Dyche is an amateur manager compared to the rest of the league, 16 teams have better managers than us.

"1-nil to the Arsenal" on their way to the trophies.

Catenaccio mid-week watching the Italians ready the door bolt on foreign teams while waiting for a chance to take the lead and close the door.

Mourinho at ever single club prioritising defence and relying on effecive finishing with a solid defence

I'm not trying to be mean and not sarcastic either but this team cannot play free flowing football due to some of the players.

Also the forward players are not effective at scoring goals. So even if we went Martinez Ă—100 or Ossie Ardiles 5 forwards we would still have the same issues up front while leaking goals.

Our strength is in defence and central midfield. So we focus on that while hoping for someone, anyone to get a chance and a goal.

But for an injury time goal we'd have 3 pts.

But for DCL, Doucoure, Beto & Harrison missing chances we may have had a couple more goals.

Those are the players you're relying on to score in an attacking team & when they miss (as usual) we will concede goals as we wont be as defensive as now.

We simply need to keep this style/system...get over the line and improve the forwards.

Dyche has gotten us to mid table this season. If there was no pts deduction then no one would be complaining about the football.

Its ridiculous.

That as the case may be, so I guess we are snookered then, need to look realistically what is coming our way.

I hate 777 but if they bring a proper manager in when/if they take over they will do for me, can`t stand the crap we`ve had to put up with since Carlo.

Yet, Dyche would be very close to Ancelotti's finishing position this season with the 10pts.

Which destroys your weird view.

im looking at 23 shots for Brighton, with 65% possession

Admittedly I didnt watch the game but I cant see how you can claim we were better with those numbers.

So a team has shots & posession and that makes them a better team.

Hahahahahahhaha

Don't try and twist it round with that nonesense. We won't get anyone. No one will come and manage us in this situation. We can't even keep the lights on, we will soon not be able to pay wages, we don't have an owner and may well be deducted more points.

That doesn't change the fact that Dyche will take us down and that he is an unbelievably đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’© manager. In the same way that the only thing that saved us under Lampard was the atmosphere generated by the fans, we need to give Dyche pelters and let him know this is unacceptable and stop singing his praises for being awful. We only stay up if we start working on our attacking play. As fans we need to force the issue and make it clear.

lol what a bizarre and false post lol

People need to stop making excuses for him. You all know as well as I do that even if he had the best players we would still play in a similar manner.

Yet if our attacking players finished a higher % of their chances we'd be far higher in table.

If we didnt have 10pts deducted wed also be far higher in the table.

Two things you cant blame Dyche for but are literally the only two things causing a problem.

Problem for me is he seems content to defend and hoof for 90 minutes in the hope that we nick a goal mainly from a set piece. Whilst there is some merit in what you say about the lack of ability within the squad, I can see no evidence that any player in and around the team, with the exception of our main centre backs, is remotely improving. Surely this aspect is part of his job.

George Graham
Most Italian Managers
Jose Mourinho
Diego Simeone

The fact of the matter is we are NOT changing our manager when we have no chairman, no owners etc. we are not buying in any other players, and our strikers and wide players are rancid. BUT at some stage, luck will go our way and we will pick up a few wins. Provided we pick up points in the meantime, we will be safe, whether or not points are returned.

The fact of the matter is we are NOT changing our manager when we have no chairman, no owners etc. we are not buying in any other players, and our strikers and wide players are rancid. BUT at some stage, luck will go our way and we will pick up a few wins. Provided we pick up points in the meantime, we will be safe, whether or not points are returned.
Positivity. I like it. Let's hope it's contagious