Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The exact opposite of Martinez who refused to train defensively.... One couldn`t stop goals and the other can`t score them.

Just watched Bournemouth v City, no chance we are getting anything down there, Iraola started slow but has completely changed it around.
Must have missed the part where they won, pretty sure it was 1-0 City

Are we becoming Burnley now?

let us not remember they went down with him at the helm. Apples to oranges I suppose comparing two clubs, but there is a common denominator. We have been not very good for a long time and seeing us constantly fail really does my head in.

Are we becoming Burnley now?

let us not remember they went down with him at the helm. Apples to oranges I suppose comparing two clubs, but there is a common denominator. We have been not very good for a long time and seeing us constantly fail really does my head in.

….or you appreciate that he kept them in the top flight for so long. I saw a stat that on monies spent per points, he’s the best of the lot. The season they beat us at Goodison when McNeil scored, they were really impressive.

I like him. I think there’s stereotypes that surface when we fail to win but I think he’s doing as good as anybody with the players he has available, I’d really like to see him with an effective DOF.

Good point mate and while most will agree with you that he's done a good job overall and how we'd be happy with our league position without the deduction - we are on the longest run in the top flight without a win. We've not won a league game since 16th December. If we don't win our next one I don't think we'll win one again until April.

Considering how bad we are at scoring goals - today's was our first goal in open play in I think 10 games - and looking at the teams who have to come to Goodison who'll sit deep and watch us be totally clueless, I'm a tad concerned.
Really Appreciate the response mate👍Hope we get a win soon

The exact opposite of Martinez who refused to train defensively.... One couldn`t stop goals and the other can`t score them.

Just watched Bournemouth v City, no chance we are getting anything down there, Iraola started slow but has completely changed it around.

The club’s been going backwards as each year passes under Moshiri.

Go back just 5 years and you would laugh if someone said Brighton and Bournmouth would be recruiting better and playing better football. The club hasn’t had a clue for a long time.

Are our attacking players better than most side really? The chances they miss says they aren’t.

I’m not praising him, I’m saying he’s been given a bad hand, and no he wouldn’t be my choice as manager of Everton either, but you can thank the board for that and putting us in that position.
In my opinion they are better than Burnley's, Luton's, Sheffield Utd's, Forest's, Fulham's, Palace's strikers (but not their attacking mids) and not much worse than Brentford's.

That's not me even saying they're that good - they're not. But people making out that they are so bad that it excuses our manager getting even a slight tune out of them is laughable.