Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We ain`t getting points back and we will get more, only us fans have made up we are getting points back as a comfort blanket.

Forest are 3 ahead and will remain above us, a second charge puts us below Luton by some way.
Your constant negativity is just soul destroying. Always ALWAYS the worst case scenario in your head.

How many times?????

We do not need to have expansive football. We just need to have SOME concept of attacking football, SOME attacking play and not be so negative all the time. As individuals our attacking players are better than a fair few sides down the bottom yet they play like they couldn't create if they were up against an amateur side. That's on Dyche.

People need to stop making excuses for him. You all know as well as I do that even if he had the best players we would still play in a similar manner. It's the willingness to praise, not just begrudgingly accept, the lowest of low standards that has spread all through the club from boardroom to terraces that has left us so bad compared to what we once were.

Blows my mind.

One problem that I think has plagued managers here is the difference in thinking internally to that of the fans , the club thinks one thing and the fans another. It’s why I think at times there is a snark like tone to criticism and standards when fans criticise .

I don’t like some of our fans but there is a sly like tactic that the onus is on people travelling across the country to do their part at all times instead of the millionaires on the pitch.

The booing thing for example, every away ground I’ve been to and the home side has been poor I’ve heard booing, players getting stick, moody atmospheres yet some like to think it’s Goodison that has the exclusive on that.

The club are lucky there hasn’t been substantial apathy in terms of attendance and support in general

How many times?????

We do not need to have expansive football. We just need to have SOME concept of attacking football, SOME attacking play and not be so negative all the time. As individuals our attacking players are better than a fair few sides down the bottom yet they play like they couldn't create if they were up against an amateur side. That's on Dyche.

People need to stop making excuses for him. You all know as well as I do that even if he had the best players we would still play in a similar manner. It's the willingness to praise, not just begrudgingly accept, the lowest of low standards that has spread all through the club from boardroom to terraces that has left us so bad compared to what we once were.

Blows my mind.
Are our attacking players better than most side really? The chances they miss says they aren’t.

I’m not praising him, I’m saying he’s been given a bad hand, and no he wouldn’t be my choice as manager of Everton either, but you can thank the board for that and putting us in that position.

It's not me not making my mind up. You haven't read my posts properly. Your last one made out that I was saying that we wouldn't get any more points. I replied saying of course we will get more points but we won't get anywhere near enough.

I would be amazed if Luton didn't pick up significantly more points than us between now and the end of the season. I think Forest will too, which is why I said that Forest getting a deduction is the unknown element there.

i saw it as you didn’t say we would win again

and we will get more points mate
we need to outdo luton that’s it

not that it’s easy like lol

Why can’t they keep possession against 10 men, premier league players you’re having a laugh. Why bring young on he’d have been stiff as a board. U 12s could have managed that game with the opposition one man down.
They're supposed to be professional footballers and a manager who is supposed to use a strategy. And they're all on good money. Too many excuses. What a joke.

we defended as well as we needed to for most of the game . During th first bit of injury time Dyche should have brought on 2 seperate subs. Coleman for Godfrey - fresh legs, and Hunt for Harrison, just to waste some time - that would have seen out 2-3 minutes. 1-0 up with 5 minutes left you surely manage th clock down..... terrible game management - Dyche put pressure needlessly on the tired players.
Motm for me was Godfrey who managed to control Brighton's biggest threat of the game.

What nonsense?! Who would take a team on in the situation we are in? 10 points deducted and more possible.

I don’t need to spell it out that we haven’t got the squad to play attacking expansive football. Everyone agrees the football is terrible, but half the team can’t pass 3 yards ffs! Most of them he inherited.
Problem for me is he seems content to defend and hoof for 90 minutes in the hope that we nick a goal mainly from a set piece. Whilst there is some merit in what you say about the lack of ability within the squad, I can see no evidence that any player in and around the team, with the exception of our main centre backs, is remotely improving. Surely this aspect is part of his job.

Problem for me is he seems content to defend and hoof for 90 minutes in the hope that we nick a goal mainly from a set piece. Whilst there is some merit in what you say about the lack of ability within the squad, I can see no evidence that any player in and around the team, with the exception of our main centre backs, is remotely improving. Surely this aspect is part of his job.
Yeah fair one. I agree, and it’s agricultural at times. He’s hopefully only there short term until we get through all this, I think he thinks that himself anyway, and then we can go out and get someone who is better at developing the players and how we play.

Onana had a real impact when he came on and put us on the front foot. Terrible first half. GAve it to Branners for a cracking finish. Gutted we blew it at the end. McNeil gave away a really soft corner right in front of us that I think he could have cushioned to Pickford. We should also have had someone on the back posy given the only likely threat from 10 men was aset piece. Small margins - but we are the architects of our own downfall more often than not.