6 + 2 Point Deductions

He’s written this presumably knowing the outcome of the appeal.

I hope I’m wrong, that’s our biggest source of appeal out of the window otherwise
I reckon the club still have legal avenues after this if they think they’ve been treated unfairly. They’re banned from CAS specifically but they can sue the PL in multiple courts

I wouldn’t be surprised if DCMS and Andy Burnham actually know what was in the documents from an inside source but cannot declare it until they were officially released.

He told the DCMS committtee he had never said he wanted to kick the regulator into the long grass. If that was in the documents he is a dead man.

I reckon the club still have legal avenues after this if they think they’ve been treated unfairly. They’re banned from CAS specifically but they can sue the PL in multiple courts
As far as I understand it, you’re not correct on this.

However, I still think we will get a deduction for mitigating circumstances and the like. 4 points off

There is no recourse to the uk courts in the rules.
You can't just put "we can do what we like and you can't sue us" in a contract and make it so. The law of the land is paramount and you can't exclude it, even if the other party signs the contract. They wouldn't necessarily intervene on the actual merits of the tribunal but I'm pretty sure the courts could get involved if the process has been unjust.

You can't just put "we can do what we like and you can't sue us" in a contract and make it so. The law of the land is paramount and you can't exclude it, even if the other party signs the contract. They wouldn't necessarily intervene on the actual merits of the tribunal but I'm pretty sure the courts could get involved if the process has been unjust.
That would be a very high threshold though wouldn’t it? For a process we agreed to. I just can’t see it would ever happen. Wouldn’t we get into serious trouble fir breaching PL rules???

that may be the case but if I lodge a tort with a court, that bypasses the rules of the club and refer to the laws of the land. I've mentioned it before, thats how the Bosman ruling came about.
That was unlawful under employment law. This is a points deduction for breaking sporting rules. Even if we see this as unjust it’s a huge huge hill to climb.