Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So that’s it
Another season over before the final bits of tinsel have been swept up .
All that’s left is another dreary scrabble to avoid relegation in the hope of securing mid table anonymity.
Made worse by having a manager whose teams are habitually low scoring .
We should change our colours to Beige , we have become an utterly non-descript team .
What is an Everton for ?
Why do we exist ?
I’ve had far worse moments as an Evertonian
But I have never felt so disengaged from the team as I do now .
Grim .

I’ve waited until this morning to write this after going to the match yesterday.
Left home at 8.30am and got home at 10.30pm as train was cancelled…ended up on train with horrible Luton fans and the Luton team.

We were absolute shabite against Luton and I worry whether we have the heart for the battle in the remaining games.We showed very little fight and we had too many passengers on the pitch. Harrison,McNeill and Onana all poor. If we don’t get points back I think we will be relegated. Luton look more organised and “together” than we do.

On a final point, what a contrast between the performances of Andros Townsend and Jack Harrison? He has been poor for months and is still getting a game.

Luton scored in the sixth minute of second-half injury time yesterday, when there was only five minutes added on. They time wasted on at least five occasions yesterday, Tim Krul being the main culprit. So, for all their time wasting, we are the one's who ultimately get punished?
They scored 2 goals. We only scored one.
We deserve all the punishment we get.

Luton scored in the sixth minute of second-half injury time yesterday, when there was only five minutes added on. They time wasted on at least five occasions yesterday, Tim Krul being the main culprit. So, for all their time wasting, we are the one's who ultimately get punished?
Mate we shouldnt be arsed how much injury time is added against Luton, its poor they've beat us at home once this season but twice is unforgivable.

Just clocked, could this have been last FA cup game at Goodison?
Quite possibly, 3rd round draw is 50 50. Whether we get to the 4th round is also 50 50

Another reason why yesterday's dismal performance deserves all the criticism it gets. You cannot send an Everton team out to perform like that at Goodison Park. It should never be seen as an acceptable standard.

We were dreadful. And if you are that bad then you can have no complaints if you get beat.

Didn’t post on here when I got back last night to let it sink in, that might well of been my last game at Goodison, don’t think I can do the 400 mile round trip and watch any more of that, no fight no passion and could barely string a pass together, absolutely disgraceful performance, the worst part was that the fans have given up aswell, the place was silent for the whole game except for the inevitable booing at full time, yes there were some bad calls by the ref but we just didn’t look like we wanted at all, and we were playing Luton at home FFS