2023/24 Amadou Onana

I think his passing is good and he’s even started playing some nice through balls recently too but much like all but Doucoure and McNeil (and maybe Michael Keane?) in our whole squad yeah his shooting is crap
Yeah, you’re right. I’m being unfair about his passing.

But much like Gana, when it opens up for him to have a shot, you can’t imagine him rifling it in.

Baffled by some comments. He was decent today - Villa are a very strong team - if they won today they went joint top I think? They never won that midfield today - Garner and Onana both did their job.
Likewise.

Thought he was quite good today against one of the strongest midfields in the league but I think some people want him to be winning every game for us single handed.

Victim of his own ability - often it's the most gifted players who get the most criticism

Likewise.

Thought he was quite good today against one of the strongest midfields in the league but I think some people want him to be winning every game for us single handed.

Victim of his own ability - often it's the most gifted players who get the most criticism
I think he’s a victim of his own hype and his position. He’s not the kind of player who gets many highlights but he breaks up play and keeps us ticking, like the Gareth Barry role though not as good yet obviously. I also think people don’t like that he says he wants to be the best in the world and has talk of mega price tags but personally I want every player to want to be the best and their made up price tags are nothing to do with them.

Stunk up the game today. Awful.

One of those '£5m off his price tag' games today

Champions league - you’re having a laugh.

That “shot“ at the end. 🤣.

Worst player in blue today, again.

He's utterly useless. Get shot.

I’ve been banging on about him being rubbish since he joined. I just can’t keep blaming utterly terrible but more importantly ineffective performances on age and inexperience. He does not have “it”. If he did, he’d feel the games he was on the fringes of and instead just ferociously compete.

We will make money because he has the perfect profile to be a superstar; everything except the mentality and the ability.

Show pony. Thinks he’s Paul Pogba and he is only not very good. He’s marginally better than Alex Nyarko.

Imagine if he could kick a ball.

He has everything except the ability to strike or accurately pass a ball.

Quite amusing reading these posts about a defensive midfielder when we kept a clean sheet. He and Garner were frequently facing 3 and sometimes 4 opposition players.

Its almost as if posters think he should be Gerrard or Arteta.

Solid performance yesterday, strong team mentality and if he was sold we'd be a relegation candidate.

With him, relegation is impossible.

Onana has been discussed intensively in recruitment meetings this week but the asking price of around £50 million is problematic.
Newcastle would be willing to pay that fee but would only like to do so in the summer and are looking into whether Everton would be willing to accept a loan fee now and the rest of the money at the end of the season. If not, they could bring their summer spending plans forward if Everton indicate they will sell for the right price this month.

Fantastic player. Lol at Newcastle taking him on loan until end of the season. Dont want him, Jarrod or Jordan to leave but they're the only 3 we'll get big money for