2023/24 Amadou Onana

I’ve been banging on about him being rubbish since he joined. I just can’t keep blaming utterly terrible but more importantly ineffective performances on age and inexperience. He does not have “it”. If he did, he’d feel the games he was on the fringes of and instead just ferociously compete.

We will make money because he has the perfect profile to be a superstar; everything except the mentality and the ability.

Didn't think he played badly myself.
He didn’t. Both he and Garner were 2v3 or 2v4 in the middle. We kept tucking in one of the wide midfielders to help but all that did was open up the wider areas. Doucoure dropped back in the last 10 minutes of the first half but otherwise those two were on their own.

Surprised this thread is bumped but not Garners…/sarcasm.

The problem is he is a miles better player than Doucoure, who always looks close to falling over. And yet Doucs has made a career of affecting football matches, as clumsy as he is. Onana made a couple of mistakes and nearly gifted them a clear chance after Myko’s block, but did some other basics ok, but he has next to no impact on our ability to get points. He’s just “there”.

The problem is he is a miles better player than Doucoure, who always looks close to falling over. And yet Doucs has made a career of affecting football matches, as clumsy as he is. Onana made a couple of mistakes and nearly gifted them a clear chance after Myko’s block, but did some other basics ok, but he has next to no impact on our ability to get points. He’s just “there”.
They don’t play the same position, comparing them isn’t valid.