2023/24 Sean Dyche

We played like a team that hasn't won for a while and was playing a top 6 team I'm hopeful that he can keep them level headed until we get to the more winnable games.

I thought Dyche did Emry up like a kipper today. It was obvious at halftime that Villa were starting to cut us to pieces,. In the second half Dyche sent us out to go to war and to disrupt the game whenever possible, this got us a point that we would have never got had we tried to play football against them.

It wasn't pretty, but, it was effective, we are a big team, we are not a great team, if we are getting a tanking turn it into a war. Dyche is the exact manager we need in our current financial position. If and when that financial situation changes then Dyche will probably not be the man we need. Until then however...

Agree with this. He's doing a good job. Its not enjoyable to watch but he wont care and if we stay up, we wont either as its job done. But he's not who I want to see take us forward. Football has moved on now.

Im sorry, anyone who watched that and thought we 'played well' needs their heads testing. Up there with Kenwright celebrating escaping relegation as an achievement.

We battled well, we worked hard. Cant knock the fight or commitment. The defence done their jobs, but we certainly didnt 'play' well.
Wouldn't say we played well, but I wouldn't say we played badly either.

Looked like a team in a tough moment battling hard for a point against an infinitely better side.

Think Dyche deserves some credit for that.

And whilst I do think we could be a bit more cutting edge in our attacking play i'm not sure we have the personnel to do that without throwing forward extra bodies, which of course leaves us exposed going the other way. So it's a balance, and against a team going as well as Villa I thought that balance was ok today.

Nothing better than ok, but still ok

Obviously a slight difference of opinions. He has done an excellent job given the circumstances, ill state that. We can be effective going forward. He has tightened us up defensively.

I just think on the ball we are so so poor and making things extra difficult for ourselves. We dont have much of the ball and when we do its really lacking in quality for the most part.

Plus I just dont think any good player will look at us as an attractive proposition under him if they have other choices. I think Elanga turned us down due to Forests' style 'fitting him better'. Who wants to spend each week in a defensive setup, running around for most of the matches and not seeing much of the ball.

Football is a game of opinions and he's just not my cup of tea im afraid.

We have completely opposite takes mate.

We need better players admittedly.

I absolutely don’t want a player who doesn’t want to play for Everton football club for any reason, tail does not wag the dog and if a player is dictating things like that no way.

As I said earlier, is there another manager out there is bettering this group and achieving 27 points from Dychea standing start, I don’t think so. I’m excited to eee what he does with more time and more resources.

Agree with this. He's doing a good job. Its not enjoyable to watch but he wont care and if we stay up, we wont either as its job done. But he's not who I want to see take us forward. Football has moved on now.
Do you think he’s have set differently and played differently today if we’re on 26 points and not had the deduction

I absolutely don’t want a player who doesn’t want to play for Everton football club for any reason, tail does not wag the dog and if a player is dictating things like that no way.

As I said earlier, is there another manager out there is bettering this group and achieving 27 points from Dychea standing start, I don’t think so. I’m excited to eee what he does with more time and more resources.

Thats a naive view though mate, nearly all players, especially ones with options need convincing to go to most clubs - not just us. Im pretty sure given the choice that most players would prefer to play in a team that has possession and plays good football. Football has moved on, you even have a lot more lower teams starting to play possession football too. He is probably what we needed and may still need this season. Not what we need to progress on the pitch.

I certainly dont want to see him given any Branthwaite/,Onana money to spend. Partly due to his previous stint at Burnley but also because I dont want to see any future manager signing his own players as thats a big part of how we are in this mess.

Do you think he’s have set differently and played differently today if we’re on 26 points and not had the deduction

Be good to see to be honest, then we would have a better idea of how he would work in a normal environment, not handicapped as we are now.

I honestly dont think managers change dramatically though. They all have their own style and very rarely deviate from it so its very possible that we would still play the same way as its obviously the way he we are best placed to win games, or not lose them. Whether thats to avoid relegation or to try and make Europe/finish top 8.

It was an average performance in what was quite a scrappy game with a load of stoppages. The most glaring thing for me is that we're missing quality in the final third, but those players cost the kind of money we clearly don't have at the moment.

No lover of the manager, but not sure what he could have done differently today, and do think he's the right person for the (many) predicaments we're in.

He's literally come in and put a halt to several years of us going backwards. And you're more concerned about some hypothetical future where he can't take us forward?

Very strange way of looking at things.

Thats a naive view though mate, nearly all players, especially ones with options need convincing to go to most clubs - not just us. Im pretty sure given the choice that most players would prefer to play in a team that has possession and plays good football. Football has moved on, you even have a lot more lower teams starting to play possession football too. He is probably what we needed and may still need this season. Not what we need to progress on the pitch.

I certainly dont want to see him given any Branthwaite/,Onana money to spend. Partly due to his previous stint at Burnley but also because I dont want to see any future manager signing his own players as thats a big part of how we are in this mess.

Be good to see to be honest, then we would have a better idea of how he would work in a normal environment, not handicapped as we are now.

I honestly dont think managers change dramatically though. They all have their own style and very rarely deviate from it so its very possible that we would still play the same way as its obviously the way he we are best placed to win games, or not lose them. Whether thats to avoid relegation or to try and make Europe/finish top 8.

I find you point a little rudimentary mate, I’ll deconstruct.

You may need to convince a high profile player earning 100k a week, but I’m sorry if Anthony Elanga level wants to play for Forest rather then Everton, I don’t want him here.

Ultimtely players are only interested in career progression, players will choose Everton because it’s a historical big name, good money and an oppurutinity for young players to show case. The manager is in many ways not relevant, in most cases the manager they start their contract with won’t be the one they finish it with.

As it turns out Elgana would have been better off here then Forest as a career move, MGW too, let’s be honest those career moves were prob more to do with money then anything.

Let’s look at it this way with the 10 point deduction we are rubbing shoulders with Newcastle and Chelsea, success makes you attractive, being seen to be part of a successful, improving squad, that gives young players a chance and improves them. Attractiveness takes care of itself it’s based on self interest as much as anything.

If the man can take a louder puff relegation team, to rubbing shoulders with teams of the funds of Chelsea, Newcastle, in points earned this season then it’s a bit foolish to say the game ihas passed him by. It’s also poor analysis of how we actually play.

The club needs a root and branch rebuild, similar to when Moyes took over from Walter. When you build anything it’s important to put proper foundations, spirit, identity, culture, that’s phase 1, that’s what I see.

No offence but hold him to a projected stereotype I think is false, while I think you also make presumptions on what indicates good football - you may have a style of football you like to watch, but that’s not the same thing.

Fundamentally there are only a few managers left in football, who can build a football club, like Moyes could, Ferguson and Wenger. We’re lucky enough to have one of the last, it’s what the club needs and hers doing it.

Had 10 yrs at Burnley and didn’t change the style and ultimately it caught up with him. He also had a bit of money, his big striker signings for over 30mil Chris wood and weghorst. Spent 30mil on Beto, 6”4 and big and strong, but technically terrible, dyche ain’t interested in a good technical forward,
He wants his number 9 as a battering ram, and that wouldn’t change if he had 60mil

Earned a very hard fought point today. I’d have taken a draw before kick off.

There are some very short memories or impossibly high expectations amongst some Evertonians. It certainly wasn’t pretty, but we contested everything, put our bodies on the line and still carved out some very good chances to draw with a team 2nd in the table. We’re doing this on the back of 2 seasons where we just about managed to stay in the league and next to no money to spend on improvements.

Dyche is doing a good job to have earned enough points to have us mid table. If folk are expecting regular free flowing football (which is what I can only assume people who don’t want Dyche here are after) taking the above into account, the you’re off your head to be honest.