Carlo At Everton.

I know we all knew this must've happened, but it is absolutely staggering to see it written in black and white, that our managers/coaches/dof would have to sit and listen to 'advice' from a theatrical impresario with no football professional experience.

Hopefully we'll never see this type of scenario ever again.
Being written in black and white means nothing these days.

The OP's quoted tweet is from a fake account which makes up rubbish all day, every day. David Ancelotti has said none of these things.

Love Carlo - what a season that was. Iconic

Almost as much as I love the Walsh-Brands-Kenwright-Moshiri whodunnit chat anytime his name his brought up. Strewth

That was all under Walsh not Brands. But I agree I don't think Brands deserves much credit for his time at the club. Wasted a lot of money on players who didn't deserve it (Bernard, Mina, Gbamin, Delph etc), and didn't seem to do much behind the scenes either in terms of the academy
What was the "Brands Special"? Mid 20s castoffs in the region of 20m. Like if you knew absolutely nothing about who he was buying and no number was attached until the next day, guessing somewhere in the 20m range you would be right more often than not it seemed like.

But Carlo, man some of the play we did was some of the worst I've ever seen at Everton. Sure, most of it was probably due to having a midfield of Gomes and [Player Name Redacted] but he REALLY didn't do himself any favors.

I know the quotes are made up but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a lot of truth in them.

I think the Ancelotti's were misled by Moshiri and Usmanov in the initial talks and weren't expecting the FFP stuff to become a major issue. Brands probably didn't want huge expensive signings like James, Allan etc but Carlo wanted to fast track to Europe which is why we gambled in the summer of 2020

Some of our fans look back on this period with the rosiest tinted glasses imaginable.

Carlo failed at Everton, as did James Rodriguez. Both were expensive misfits whose presence contributed to the financial disaster we've been teetering on since. Moshiri's fault ultimately, but a 10th place with some of the worst football seen at Goodison is not a good return for the hundreds of millions invested.