Specific moments you wrote us off as relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as i think, i dont think ive ever wrote us off, and always stuck to thinking we would be ok when a lot were saying we were down. But for me the game v Chelsea in our 1-0 win at Goodison if we didnt win that would have had me a little worried - as defeat would have left us 5points behind or 4 behind (if a draw) with a game in hand - We then off course beat Leicester the following game - I never got people saying a draw v Chelsea at the time would be a good result as ive just said we still would have been 4points from saftety with 1 game in hand which doesnt auto mean a win, going into the final 3/4 weeks

I cried during that chelsea game

It was too much for me

Half time against Wimbledon. Was actually coaching an u14 all Ireland schools basketball Semi final that day. Whole team wanted us to go down but even they actually stopped at me when it went 0-2 as there was surely no way back from that.
one of the teams older brother kept me up to date. We lost and it was so hard not to be running around cheering after our game !

dion Dublin equaliser
last two games before Lampard got sacked.
1-4 Newcastle
1-3 Fulham
3-2 Burnley
realisation what Leicester were doing at Newcastle and it still 0-0 coming up to FT

all these come close

Harem scarem stuff these last 2 seasons , but nothing compares to the Wimbledon game.
If it was one team on the plant we didn't want to play it was them.

Christ knows how we managed it , half time was purgatory honestly thought we were down and out.

2 times for me stand out.

After Burnley scored 2 late on to beat Watford. I've never been as gutted as this at another teams result. I stopped looking at Flashscore on 80 minutes for my blood pressure and then clocked the score at full time.

View attachment 240705

View attachment 240706

... we had Chelsea at home and Leicester away after that result which thank god we won.

... and another time was when Leicester got this penalty. We were brilliant in that first half, a fluke equaliser for them and Vardy capitalising on a Iwobi mistake had us very harshly trailing but was about to go into the break 3-1 down - Maddison scores this and that was curtains IMO.

So times you had us down as relegated?

I was on the M6, (not driving) and saw with 10 mins left that Burnley were hovering between 25/1 - 33/1 to win and was going to stick a daft tenner on it, "just in case". Went to put the bet on and had no signal. By the time I did, it was 1-1. Not only did I think we were gone, I had missed out on potentially £330.

In answer to your question. Many a time I thought we were in big trouble, (that match and Burnley away, Newcastle at home) but I don't think I've been convinced we were ever gone.

Sat in the Street End as Wimbledon scored that comical 2nd goal.

The team were so nervous that first half hour or so and had a completely uninspiring manager in the dugout. I'll be surprised if 5% inside the ground had hope of survival at that point.

Having seen that, I've genuinely never felt we'll be relegated since then, because of that comeback.

We're Everton, we don't do relegation.

I was at Burnley Everton in their end when they beat us 3-2 and I honestly thought that’s that. I drove home from Burnley so down that night. It look me ages to get home and at one point I turned the radio off and just drove in silence. I remember getting home and feeling like crying. I just thought if everyone before me in my family, my Grandad, my Nana, my Dad, brother, all my mates and I just thought ‘well that’s that, how shameful that we can be ahead twice against them lose the game’. I don’t think Godfrey has kicked a ball for us since.

dc612a6c82cdba986ab3a55a8dc401a3.jpg

2 times for me stand out.

After Burnley scored 2 late on to beat Watford. I've never been as gutted as this at another teams result. I stopped looking at Flashscore on 80 minutes for my blood pressure and then clocked the score at full time.

View attachment 240705

This was it for me. Just looking at that gap on points and running through all the permutations, thinking about how our best chance to stay up had already slipped away.

Status
Not open for further replies.