January transfer window 2024

The only reason we should sign Lingard is so players and staff could give that smug gob a good hard slap when they have got the hump. Never to be played, just kept on the books to slap the shagite out of. He could be hired out to the crowd after a poor performance?

The only reason we should sign Lingard is so players and staff could give that smug gob a good hard slap when they have got the hump. Never to be played, just kept on the books to slap the shagite out of. He could be hired out to the crowd after a poor performance?
Reckon he would come in on a sort of pay as you play deal with bonuses or something?

How would you know? Do you not think he’s been keeping himself in shape to try and find a club or do you think he’s been at home eating burgers every night. He doesn’t have to play a full game does he. If he can be used as impact or even play 45 mins, we are crying out for players. December is the killer for most teams with injury’s. We have to reinforce or at least try to. We simply have nobody to bring on once players tire at 60/70 mins.

Training and playing competitive games are different. He hasn't kicked a ball in a competitive game since March 2023. He's spent the summer training with West Ham and then went over to Saudi hoping for a deal. No one took him.

We ain't desperate for this type of signing. I personally think it's his agent drumming up interest - pick a high profile club in the premier league that won't spend money in January and look for frees at most - and hoping there's a bite from Luton etc.

Training and playing competitive games are different. He hasn't kicked a ball in a competitive game since March 2023. He's spent the summer training with West Ham and then went over to Saudi hoping for a deal. No one took him.

We ain't desperate for this type of signing. I personally think it's his agent drumming up interest - pick a high profile club in the premier league that won't spend money in January and look for frees at most - and hoping there's a bite from Luton etc.
Or he didn’t want to sign for anyone in Saudi. He may of gone to Saudi and thought nahhhh this is not for me. Lingaard would 100% do a job for us, 100%. Same people probably said Barkley wouldn’t do a job for us, he’s gone to Luton and been a revelation for them, exactly what we are crying out for. People hold onto sentiments too much.

Apparently Ziyech might be on his way back to Chelsea. Not sure what other people's thoughts are on whether he's worth a loan?
If it wasn't for the African Cup of nations perhaps...also had some injuries this season, getting older and Chelsea would want us to cover all the wages

IMG_7490.jpeg

Or he didn’t want to sign for anyone in Saudi. He may of gone to Saudi and thought nahhhh this is not for me. Lingaard would 100% do a job for us, 100%. Same people probably said Barkley wouldn’t do a job for us, he’s gone to Luton and been a revelation for them, exactly what we are crying out for. People hold onto sentiments too much.

Players have baggage and or demands that don't merit where they are at the moment.

There's no way Lingard went to Saudi and said no. He couldn't agree a wage with them. The money pit that is a Saudi League couldn't agree a wage is the biggest red flags going. He bombed at Forest and no other club had touched him.

As for Barkley...again wages and baggage. Chelsea cancelled his contract. Nice had him on a 1 year deal and released him. Luton I think have him on a 1 year deal too (hard to actually find what he's been offered funny enough). I'd actually would have had him back but there's more behind the scenes with these players than just "he'll do a job" or he'd be signed up on longer deals

Players have baggage and or demands that don't merit where they are at the moment.

There's no way Lingard went to Saudi and said no. He couldn't agree a wage with them. The money pit that is a Saudi League couldn't agree a wage is the biggest red flags going. He bombed at Forest and no other club had touched him.

As for Barkley...again wages and baggage. Chelsea cancelled his contract. Nice had him on a 1 year deal and released him. Luton I think have him on a 1 year deal too (hard to actually find what he's been offered funny enough). I'd actually would have had him back but there's more behind the scenes with these players than just "he'll do a job" or he'd be signed up on longer deals
Players with baggage…..keep forgetting we’ve got Dele Ali somewhere in the background