January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lingaard could come in on a half decent wage and nothing too extravagant then it’s a win win for all parties. He lives in Cheshire so it’s local for him, he’s playing again and let’s have it right he would be playing for the biggest club since he’s left United. We have always needed a number ten type player, I don’t see why he can’t come and do a job.

Depends on what his wages were and how arsed he’d be about actually playing
True, I think it would be in our hands though. Clear the lad didn't get the wages he wanted and is now unable to be picky. If he's willing to sign a 6 month deal then I don't think he'll command high wages, his aim would surely be do well for 6 months and hope Saudi make a stupid offer in summer or else angle for another 12 months with us.

If he doesn't do anything in the next 6 months he'll be retiring.

If Lingaard could come in on a half decent wage and nothing too extravagant then it’s a win win for all parties. He lives in Cheshire so it’s local for him, he’s playing again and let’s have it right he would be playing for the biggest club since he’s left United. We have always needed a number ten type player, I don’t see why he can’t come and do a job.

It's not though. He's been training at West Ham and in Saudi. Wasn't offered a contract. No club has touched him for 6 months

He's not fully fit to play a competitive game. No doubt will still want a good wage.

Personally would put everything in the basket for Dele play

It's not though. He's been training at West Ham and in Saudi. Wasn't offered a contract. No club has touched him for 6 months

He's not fully fit to play a competitive game. No doubt will still want a good wage.

Personally would put everything in the basket for Dele play
How would you know? Do you not think he’s been keeping himself in shape to try and find a club or do you think he’s been at home eating burgers every night. He doesn’t have to play a full game does he. If he can be used as impact or even play 45 mins, we are crying out for players. December is the killer for most teams with injury’s. We have to reinforce or at least try to. We simply have nobody to bring on once players tire at 60/70 mins.

he is not for us - sounds like this is just a made up nothing, no basis to it at all...

and he's not that good, would not be value for money
Feels like agent chat, we could’ve signed Lingard any time we wanted as he’s a free agent so why would we wait til the window. I can’t see Dyche wanting him at all.

Was rubbish for Forest last season and again like Dele when he came in Jan 2022 has not played for a long long time so would take months to get him up to speed for prem (and bar that stint at West Ham not like his level is amazing anyway).

Danjuma for Lingard would be a pretty poor squad swop imo.

I would have taken him after his West Ham stint 2 seasons ago as he was great for the, but he had a dreadful time at Forest, trained with West Ham then binned them off for Saudi and they didn't even take him. Something seems off.

It is a position that needs filling but im not sue this is the right move.

Cant imagine he's match fit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.