Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally watched the match. Not pretty, but not horrible. Godfrey seems to have dropped to a 5th-tier player from two seasons ago. Doucs is awesome. Everyone else pulled their weight. I'm happy with this result. Great on Simms. 2-2 is a hard-earned point for a team that treats goals like an expensive scotch that should stay on the shelf and not be indulged in.

Tbh I've been feeling lowest I've ever been feeling my whole life I've got nothing to live for that result has given me hope in life that things get better that God cares for me and Everton tonight.
There’s a poem I’d like you to check out. It’s by Derek Walcott: “Love After Love”. Memorize it. It will help. (As will the energy we call “God”). I’ll keep holding the gate open (praying) for you.

The same ones saying Simms is rubbish because the keeper should have saved it. Idiots

Heard that a few times today. Out strengthening a 100m euro defender known for his power and then smashing it into the net haha.

The situation is a bit bizarre as we saw his goal scoring record at u23 level and wanted him to get his chance.

Sunderland fans are giving it to Chelsea on twitter haha, can’t say how made up I am.

The draw that feels like a win.

As valuable as the point is, its greater value may be team morale & optimism going forward.

Spuds at home is doable.

COYB FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
While three points would have been almost invaluable, we've got to be realistic of our situation, so going to Stamford Bridge and getting a point is a good result.

As you say, it will be fantastic for team morale, as we're unbeaten in three and going into the international break in a stronger position than a few weeks ago.

Finally watched the match. Not pretty, but not horrible. Godfrey seems to have dropped to a 5th-tier player from two seasons ago. Doucs is awesome. Everyone else pulled their weight. I'm happy with this result. Great on Simms. 2-2 is a hard-earned point for a team that treats goals like an expensive scotch that should stay on the shelf and not be indulged in.
Strange analogy.

Away fans incredible yet again. My motm.

Huge Credit to Dyche for the start he has made and how he is setting us up and working - he’s doing a fantastic job so far, getting a tune out of these players.

He has made up points on all the other teams in the bottom half of the table since joining us, and put the destiny of the club firmly in our own hands.

Made up for Simms - took the goal so well after a great touch pass from Doucs, who is looking like the player we signed from Watford.

We have to be more patient with the younger lads like simms and Onana and not jump on their backs immediately when they don’t play too well - can’t believe some fans are giving stick out, it needs to stop.

They are young and new to the league and need our backing, not brickbats.

A huge point that feels like 3 given the context - beautiful.

Onward and upwards toffees - support the team; sack the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.