Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana my MoM, although there were a lot of contenders. The team scared the pants off Arsenal today who looked like they don't like a bit of opposition.

So we win our first game for what seems like years, and against the league leaders at that, and there's a load of nit-picking moaners on here as usual. Have a couple of bevvies, put a smile on your face and enjoy the moment. There's a lot of games ahead where you can whinge to your heart's content.
Isnt that basically every Arsenal team? They don't like it when you don't allow them to play football. Wenger was notorious for trying to walk the ball in to the net.

@Kever10 does today not prove that you can both protest against the board and owners and also show brilliant support for the team?
Didnt see any protests today, although i did hear the plane, which im guessing was mostly for people not at the game. But the crowd got behind the team and we did well, without the distractions.

My problem was with suggestions of pitch invasions and other such stupidity, especially given our precarious points total and the potential for docking us points, which you know the powers that be would be delighted to impose.

But if im being honest, yeah, i disagree with the majority of the protests and things that gather steam, because for me, its nearly always about airtime for a group of attention seekers who want a quick 5 mins of fame on TV, or even sadder, Twitter.

I said the other day, the only type of protest that would make a real impact without creating a potentially toxic environment on a match day, when we need unity, would be to try and arrange a coordinated freeze on Season Ticket renewals.

If you think that these things dont filter across, and create an air of unnecessary tension, when thousands of angry people are planning to do an organised protest after the game, and trying to aggitate others to join in, with little or no consideration for some of the morons that will follow suit and take it to the extremes, then i cant help you.

But as much as I can see the failures of the last 6 or 7 years, unlike some, i dont believe that it has been for lack of trying, or "planning" as is the buzz word for the time being. The plans may not have worked, but thats the way it goes. Dyches plan worked today, and we are happy. There will be games when his plan doesnt work. That doesnt mean he didnt have 1. It is impossible for all plans to work all of the time. It's sport afterall, with infinite variables at play, and every team has a plan and a counter plan.

Could there be improvements? Yes, of course, always. But i just dont think everything is as simple as some would have you believe in here or on social media.

Its amazing how many business and football experts we have in our core fanbase, none of whom seem to have jobs in business and/or football.

P. S. Cheers for the shout out.

Last edited:

Didnt see any protests today, although i did hear the plane, which im guessing was mostly for people not at the game. But the crowd got behind the team and we did well, without the distractions.

My problem was with suggestions of pitch invasions and other such stupidity, especially given our precarious points total and the potential for docking us points, which you know the powers that be would be delighted to impose.

But if im being honest, yeah, i disagree with the majority of the protests and things that gather steam, because for me, its nearly always about airtime for a group of attention seekers who want a quick 5 mins of fame on TV, or even sadder, Twitter.

I said the other day, the only type of protest that would make a real impact without creating a potentially toxic environment on a match day, when we need unity, would be to try and arrange a coordinated freeze on Season Ticket renewals.

If you think that these things dont filter across, and create an air of unnecessary tension, when thousands of angry people are planning to do an organised protest after the game, and trying to aggitate others to join in, with little or no consideration for some of the morons that will follow suit and take it to the extremes, then i cant help you.

But as much as I can see the failures of the last 6 or 7 years, unlike some, i dont believe that it has been for lack of trying, or "planning" as is the buzz word for the time being. The plans may not have worked, but thats the way it goes. Dyches plan worked today, and we are happy. There will be games when his plan doesnt work. That doesnt mean he didnt have 1. It is impossible for all plans to work all of the time. It's sport afterall, with infinite variables at play, and every team has a plan and a counter plan.

Could there be improvements? Yes, of course, always. But i just dont think everything is as simple as some would have you believe in here or on social media.

Its amazing how many business and football experts we have in our core fanbase, none of whom seem to have jobs in business and/or football.

There was a massive protest outside the ground at 11:30 for about 30 minutes - there's photos everywhere.

There was also a sit-in at the end.

The protests haven't been what have created a 'toxic' atmosphere.

As for the shout-out, it's not to ridicule, it's just genuine proof that protesting and keeping up the pressure on this rabble can go hand-in-hand with supporting the team.

It wasn't an 'angry protest' after the S'ton game. It was simply a sit-in protest. It got angry because of the result and performance, and the fact that the club released inflammatory statements and leaks to the press before that match, which riled everyone up.

Notice how there were no such statements today, even though the board didn't turn up?

Bunch of utter lazy useless....

...oh hang on we won! Not sure what to do now, how does Saturday evening play out with this new positive feeling I am experiencing!

Great game and extremely well done to the players and coaching staff. Keep it up!!
Badly I would recommend

There was a massive protest outside the ground at 11:30 for about 30 minutes - there's photos everywhere.

There was also a sit-in at the end.

The protests haven't been what have created a 'toxic' atmosphere.
Awesome. Didnt see it. I dont get to ground that early.

Never mind.

Didnt see a sit in either, and i clapped McNeil and Tarkowski down the tunnel.

confused-side-eye.gif

Awesome. Didnt see it. I dont get to ground that early.

Never mind.
I've also edited my last post to reflect some more details in relation to your claim of 'angry protests'.

Good for you for getting to the ground that early.

The protests outside today weren't angry, and neither was the sit-in afterwards. if the club hadn't done what they did before that S'ton game, then there'd have been a lot less anger.

Dyche instructed the players to arrive individually to the ground through the Park End entrance too, which was a smart move as the Goodison Road would have been blocked by the protest.

I've also edited my last post to reflect some more details in relation to your claim of 'angry protests'.

Good for you for getting to the ground that early.

The protests outside today weren't angry, and neither was the sit-in afterwards. if the club hadn't done what they did before that S'ton game, then there'd have been a lot less anger.

Dyche instructed the players to arrive individually to the ground through the Park End entrance too, which was a smart move as the Goodison Road would have been blocked by the protest.
Like i say, i didnt see any sit in, and i clapped McNeil and Tarkowski down the tunnel.

The main escalator in TB was broke, so had to literally queue to get out.

Hey ho

Status
Not open for further replies.