January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he proven? He has spent most of his career in South Korea and Croatia, has some caps for Croatia I suppose but he is 30 now and never played in a top league (or even a second tier one).

He will be better than what we have of course but thats due to us not having a player in that position. A traffic cone could improve that for us.
I mean he's played tons in Europe, scored against Chelsea and all that and is decent, but not world class. I suppose they'll get what they pay for and he'll do well enough there. As you say at 30 - this is his final chance really, before he sets off back to Korea or something...

Sold £100M
Bought £65M

...time to get that balance and more besides spent.
This is something that gets lost in the "they spent 509m to be in the bottom three" narrative is that whilst that's terrible and yes our recruitment has been very poor its actually 300m net spend overall. Certain clubs in the EPL spend that most windows. Our issue is that many of our investments have walked out for little or nothing. And in the last two seasons we have cut costs and brought more in than has been invested its partly why our team isn't very good anymore. We stripped out the quality in attacking areas James, Richy, Digne, Sig, Bernard, all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.