2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going to fail spectacularly. We know what he's going to try to do but that's a bad thing because we also know it isn't so different from what Frank has already been doing. Now maybe he can simply do it better and that would possibly end up fine. There's a really defined ceiling on this style though and even hitting it might not net enough points.

It turns to failure for me because I think the players will not respond to it. I just don't think when 3 weeks in they realize they aren't actually getting better coaching they'll be in the right spot mentally to get the job done. Frank had been playing the work hard, stick together card for his entire tenure. It's not going to still play.
Well for one I believe he will put 2 upfront which is not something Frank has done

It certainly doesn't look promising but we are barely past half way in the season and at least we are not adrift at the bottom ... yet.

Twelve months ago I didn't want Dyche in any circumstances... I really did not foresee the circumstance where I think he is the most practical and sensible appointment and that is what I believe now.

If we are lucky enough to survive we are talking of probably another four season to wash out the deadwood in the squad and get the club on an even keel again.

Time will tell if Dyche can do any of this.
Thought of being sat in Goodison on wet ,cold and windy night watching us defending for most of the 90 in the hope we can spawn a winner is very dispiriting.
But I fail to see how a manager whose teams are low scoring can turn our season around.
We need wins to survive and I don’t think Dyche will come anywhere near solving the problem.
He isn’t enough of an inspiring figure to rely on the supporters pulling them out of the mud this time around.
For that reason I have accepted we will be relegated this time around barring divine intervention or bribing match officials/opposition goalkeepers.
Sorry , I’m very disillusioned at present.

No matter what manager comes in or what position the club is in when they arrive they are going to be looking to shape and change a side.

That's literally their sole job as manager, we aren't bringing in Dyche to have no effect on the team.

The point of my initial post was that now we are going to be shaped and changed into a Sean Dyche team. We're going to play an outdated brand of football with players of extremely limited technical ability.

This won't be a simple thing to undo. The most likely outcome is that we either go down this season, or we survive and have another season or 2 of hellish relegation battles before we eventually go down with our reputation in an even worse state than it is now.
This is something that is being overlooked. Even if we stay up this season, then what?

Years of Dyche moulding this into a team that scraps relegation every year?

May as well just go down now.

No matter what manager comes in or what position the club is in when they arrive they are going to be looking to shape and change a side.

That's literally their sole job as manager, we aren't bringing in Dyche to have no effect on the team.

The point of my initial post was that now we are going to be shaped and changed into a Sean Dyche team. We're going to play an outdated brand of football with players of extremely limited technical ability.

This won't be a simple thing to undo. The most likely outcome is that we either go down this season, or we survive and have another season or 2 of hellish relegation battles before we eventually go down with our reputation in an even worse state than it is now.

We've tried every manager under the sun. We need to get back to basics

Thought of being sat in Goodison on wet ,cold and windy night watching us defending for most of the 90 in the hope we can spawn a winner is very dispiriting.
But I fail to see how a manager whose teams are low scoring can turn our season around.
We need wins to survive and I don’t think Dyche will come anywhere near solving the problem.
He isn’t enough of an inspiring figure to rely on the supporters pulling them out of the mud this time around.
For that reason I have accepting we will be relegated this time around barring divine intervention or bribing match officials/opposition goalkeepers.
Sorry , I’m very disillusioned at present.

Yes, I thing we needed biesla excitement to galvanised the fans, that might have gave us a chance

For once, I think Everton may have appointed the correct manager for the situation. He had the same passion as Lampard, but a clearer vision of what he wants his players to do. We have looked like a bunch of strangers with literally no idea what to do with the ball for the last few months, that will change now. Brian Clough said football was a simple game made complicated by idiots, well Dyche will keep it simple, which is what we need at this time.

Hahaha mate you’ve literally just described this exact team. And that team also had Calvert-Lewin who was far more effective than the one we currently have who offers absolutely zero. I think that’s one of your worst ever shouts tbh. That team finished 8th and this one gets absolutely bummed by AFC Bournemouth.

We will have to agree to disagree. We were a mess in 17/18, a quirk of the league table right at the end of the season and some hindsight doesn’t change the depth of despair most Evertonians felt when Koeman was fired.

People can say we came 7th the season before (with Stones Barkley and Lukaku) or 8th the season after (with Richarlison Mina Zouma Gomes Digne), but for that period in between we were left with the worst of both those squads and we were utterly shocking until Allardyce and Walcott came in.

The right choice and who I'd hoped we go for before Lampard. Don't care about attractive football, I just want to support a team I know will give it their all and won't be a soft touch.

I will never be truly excited until Moshiri is out of the picture again. Thankfully Biesla is principled and didn't just take the money and job on offer.

Kompany is doing very well at Burnley but he's not doing anything out of the ordinary. Dyche managed to win the Championship buying free transfers and 'undisclosed fee' purchases.

Spending money and winning the Championship with nice football is nothing that Daniel Farke hasn't already done. Twice.
I don't want Kompany!!! Or a similar manager, as I've said that would be pointless exercise for a club with our ownership.

I was just saying that if we did (we don't and I don't), we wouldn't need to get a Dyche in to get us to a point where those managers would be willing to take over as was being suggested by another poster.

If we had gone for Corberan he would have basically no choice but to accept. Yes we are a madhouse and have flirted with relegation for a year and a half but this is still a huge job for a young manager.

The idea that we need someone like Dyche to fix us so we can get someone better in is so stupid. He got relegated with Burnley playing football so diabolical that post-Dyche the fans would have been happy to be managed by a can of soup as long as it set them up in a 433

I think it's going to fail spectacularly. We know what he's going to try to do but that's a bad thing because we also know it isn't so different from what Frank has already been doing. Now maybe he can simply do it better and that would possibly end up fine. There's a really defined ceiling on this style though and even hitting it might not net enough points.

It turns to failure for me because I think the players will not respond to it. I just don't think when 3 weeks in they realize they aren't actually getting better coaching they'll be in the right spot mentally to get the job done. Frank had been playing the work hard, stick together card for his entire tenure. It's not going to still play.
Assuming we get a striker or two in, here's the difference between sticking with Lampard and going with Dyche:

Lampard would have got us relegated in all likelihood, because although we'd pick up more points with any decent attacker(s) FL had us playing slowly and with a bewildering lack of identity; Dyche will get us more points because we'll have attackers in and because he's got a definite way of operating; he'll pick up the tempo and that will be stamped on this team in a matter of weeks - and the fans will go for what he's trying to do and get right behind him and the team.

I've been saying this and somethong similar for the past 2 or 3 days: if I'm a supporter of B'mouth, S'ton, Leeds, West Ham, Wolves, Leicester tonight I'd be concerned that Everton had made a decision to get realistic about where they are and a manager who can build on that realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.