2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is contradictory. If you're a club being ran horrifically and bottom of the league with no money...are you gonna bring in some new progressive manager to get a tune out of a poor thin squad with a brand of football? Or are you gonna bring in someone who can win games with limited resources?

Burnley took a punt on Kompany and it's paying off. But they could easily do a Norwich. Smash the championship and get spanked each week in the prem rinse and repeat.
As I've said in other threads during this managerial search I share this opinion. I was against Corberan as he would not be able to have any real influence or respect by those above him at the club, as we saw with Silva. It's pointless currently for us to go for a young unproven manager.

The point I was making though in response to what you said was that if that is we what we wanted to do, say we wanted to appoint Corberan or someone similar, we would have no problem getting them through the door.

We absolutely dwarf burnley in stature and don't need Dyche to make it possible for us to get a better manager, as he did for Burnley.

As I've said in other threads during this managerial search I share this opinion. I was against Corberan as he would not be able to have any real influence or respect by those above him at the club, as we saw with Silva. It's pointless currently for us to go for a young unproven manager.

The point I was making though in response to what you said was that if that is we what we wanted to do, say we wanted to appoint Corberan or someone similar, we would have no problem getting them through the door.

We absolutely dwarf burnley in stature and don't need Dyche to make it possible for us to get a better manager, as he did for Burnley.

We do though because for the 2nd season running we're in a relegation fight and on our 3rd manager.

From a strong position you can then look to shape and change a side. We're not in that position. Not one bit.

Unless we get relegated, have a fire sale, and rebuild from the ground up is where one of these hipster managers may be worthwhile

after getting over the initial disappointment I do think this is a better outcome than what could have happened. Much better than a rooney or davide or any of that nonsense. I hope he proves himself to be more than a firefighter. I do think he will improve some of our players.
Off the top of my head myko, davies, doucoure, mcneil and i think honestly even Maupay could improve if he can get Maupay playing off of DCL and winning second balls. his off ball movement is very good.

There were better options but there were also much much worse options. Going to get behind him, find the positives, and hope he gives us an Everton to be proud of.

Kompany is doing very well at Burnley but he's not doing anything out of the ordinary. Dyche managed to win the Championship buying free transfers and 'undisclosed fee' purchases.

Spending money and winning the Championship with nice football is nothing that Daniel Farke hasn't already done. Twice.

Kompany is doing very well at Burnley but he's not doing anything out of the ordinary. Dyche managed to win the Championship buying free transfers and 'undisclosed fee' purchases.

Spending money and winning the Championship with nice football is nothing that Daniel Farke hasn't already done. Twice.
One thing about Kompany people haven't touched on. We had a very attacking manager come in off the back of a talented manager who was great at setting up a defense. Second season it all fell apart for Martinez when that defensive setup Moyes had finally washed away. could very well happen to Kompany as well.

Keep signing players and coaches from relegated teams, There is only going to be one outcome..Club is so predictable.Would be interesting to see what influence the director of football had in this decision..

We do though because for the 2nd season running we're in a relegation fight and on our 3rd manager.

From a strong position you can then look to shape and change a side. We're not in that position. Not one bit.

Unless we get relegated, have a fire sale, and rebuild from the ground up is where one of these hipster managers may be worthwhile
No matter what manager comes in or what position the club is in when they arrive they are going to be looking to shape and change a side.

That's literally their sole job as manager, we aren't bringing in Dyche to have no effect on the team.

The point of my initial post was that now we are going to be shaped and changed into a Sean Dyche team. We're going to play an outdated brand of football with players of extremely limited technical ability.

This won't be a simple thing to undo. The most likely outcome is that we either go down this season, or we survive and have another season or 2 of hellish relegation battles before we eventually go down with our reputation in an even worse state than it is now.

I think it's going to fail spectacularly. We know what he's going to try to do but that's a bad thing because we also know it isn't so different from what Frank has already been doing. Now maybe he can simply do it better and that would possibly end up fine. There's a really defined ceiling on this style though and even hitting it might not net enough points.

It turns to failure for me because I think the players will not respond to it. I just don't think when 3 weeks in they realize they aren't actually getting better coaching they'll be in the right spot mentally to get the job done. Frank had been playing the work hard, stick together card for his entire tenure. It's not going to still play.

Status
Not open for further replies.