January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 17th can't score goals if he isn't trying to bring in players it's negligence
I hope we do have someone lined up but I would'nt get your hopes up mate. As for the can't score goals thing, well i do think we should be seeing a bit more from the current group tbh and I think it's largely the chopping and changing of tactics which hasn't helped. I just think that with this current squad (not talking long term) we might be better with some sort of christmas tree formation, so attacking wise it's a flat 3 across the middle then pull Gordon and Gray in a bit narrower and have them using their pace to push back the oppositions defenders and knocking through balls to a front man. At the moment we are trying to play with wide men who can't cross the ball, I don't really see the point of it.

I hope we do have someone lined up but I would'nt get your hopes up mate. As for the can't score goals thing, well i do think we should be seeing a bit more from the current group tbh and I think it's largely the chopping and changing of tactics which hasn't helped. I just think that with this current squad (not talking long term) we might be better with some sort of christmas tree formation, so attacking wise it's a flat 3 across the middle then pull Gordon and Gray in a bit narrower and have them using their pace to push back the oppositions defenders and knocking through balls to a front man. At the moment we are trying to play with wide men who can't cross the ball, I don't really see the point of it.
Of course tactics are a big part of it he should definitely be trying different things to create more chances/goals, but do you see a genuine goal scorer there? And I don't count Dom he hasn't been consistently fit for eighteen months. We have to work under the assumption he will only be a bit part player at this stage. We have also lost all of our main creative players and goal scorers in the last few years, it's why it was critical we got goal scorers and creativity in the summer we didn't really, now it's urgent. I would even consider recalling Simms if we can.

Of course tactics are a big part of it he should definitely be trying different things to create more chances/goals, but do you see a genuine goal scorer there? And I don't count Dom he hasn't been consistently fit for eighteen months. We have to work under the assumption he will only be a bit part player at this stage. We have also lost all of our main creative players and goal scorers in the last few years, it's why it was critical we got goal scorers and creativity in the summer we didn't really, now it's urgent. I would even consider recalling Simms if we can.
No we don't have a genuine goal scorer at the moment hence I'm saying about using the tactics to make the most of what we do have in help us to create, We need to play faster, more direct (not hoofball) pass it quickly and just move it, that second goal against Palace showed we can do it. I agree on Dom we need to just put him to one side for the moment and see what happens, hopefully whoever comes in can step up and do a job (whoever that is)

The difference this January is we have had the best part of two months to identify and agree deals need additions early in the month. We have those two loan slots too you would hope we are checking on availability of a few difference makers currently not getting game time.
This is Everton we're talking about. We had 5 years to identify a replacement for Seamus. Expect a new striker in 2027.

Damned if you do
Damned if you don't.

Sounds like a plan.
It is like that ATM isn`t it, we need reinforcements but it needs to be genuine quality, we`ve got enough Steady Eddies we need players with the extra X-Factor in the final 3rd... Are these type of players available in January? Will we get them in in time?

What we need is at least 2 ready to go on Jan 1st but Everton have probably only done that once or twice in the last 30 years...

Every window seems more important to get right than the last, definitely THE most important for Lampard.

Will be absolutely criminal if we haven't already got somebody lined up and signed already, just ready to be announced on January 1st.

Obviously I know we aren't capable of doing that, but other clubs do, and I don't think that there is a club as desperate as we are in the whole country in terms of needing a specific type of player so badly.

We'll have had over half a year to get a Richarlison replacement, have already failed and I have no doubt we'll get it wrong once again in January by either getting the wrong player in or totally failing to sign anybody.

Find the money. £30m on a striker is a lot, LOT less than we'll lose by getting relegated.
Hopefully a couple of outs lined up as well to cover incoming striker and leave more to strengthen further !

I’m pretty confident we were in for Kudus, Gibbs- White and Mudryk. They are decent players that didn’t come off for one reason or another. We didn’t sign any attackers of real note because we couldn’t agree the terms, Everton of old would have then spunked whatever funds we did have on a chancer that probably wouldn’t have come off.

It’s the only thing that I’m hanging my hat on, if we were in for these type of players surely we’re in for them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.