Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….be very surprised if Holgate doesn’t start & wouldn’t be surprised if Mina is alingside.
tbf, Holgate and Mina IF HE CAN STAY FIT is not too bad.
The Wall of 4; Ancelotti stumbled upon it /had it thrust upon him when Delph pulled a fetlock after 10 mins of walking , while he stuck with it it worked, then he seemed to drift away from it and we were the worse for it.
Hopefully Lampard can stumble upon a workable 11*
*Not just for 1 game.
He need to do something.

Sighs; I'm hoping for a fluke that works...and will fluke again at the weekend
Dear oh kin dear

Need to get out of this League Cup distraction as soon as possible. Unfortunately, Bournemouth will be thinking the same thing, so it may come down to who can score the most own goals?

If we put Mina and Holgate upfront, I reckon they could stop Bournemouth from conceding quite a few own goals. Put Maupay in defence, and he should be able to bang in a few past Begovic.

Just found out that it's on here in Melbourne at 6.45am. Trouble is that's the only time me and my not football fan wife watch TV together, and it's stuff like Bargain Hunt, Escape to the Country, or Dragon's Den. That's OK though. I'll record it and watch it after.

I don't any point in resting anyone with Qatar coming up.

I'm not going to guess the result of this or for the weekend. There's no way of knowing, but I've got a feeling it'll be pen's and I'm
going to record the show after it just in case.

Lol you're gonna be disappointed
I don’t know how that feels being an Everton fan , be a new experience. If Bournemouth come out on top in any of these games then it’s a damning indictment of how this clubs been run
I agree but I hope Frank is prioritising the league over this.

Let’s face it, we could get to the latter stages and go out to City or someone or we could go out now and have less fixtures for our players to focus on the league.

Our attack simply isn’t good enough to win a cup this year
because the board have failed yet again to replace a player they knew was leaving 12 months ago we have to sacrifice yet another chance to win a cup. This is why we’ve gone 28 years

I don’t know how that feels being an Everton fan , be a new experience. If Bournemouth come out on top in any of these games then it’s a damning indictment of how this clubs been run

because the board have failed yet again to replace a player they knew was leaving 12 months ago we have to sacrifice yet another chance to win a cup. This is why we’ve gone 28 years

I don’t disagree with you mate but let’s be honest, we changed a lot in one transfer window and we have massively improved our defence.

We were never going to improve the defence, midfield and attack in one window. I think we have sorted the defence out and the midfield is healthy too and then we can focus the next two windows on making our attack a competent PL standard.

For me I would look to get rid of Gordon, Gray, DCL, Rondon in the next year as all of those are either not good enough, inconsistent or injury prone which a team in our position cannot afford. I also don’t think Maupay is good enough but can’t see him moving on so soon

Personally....

Screenshot_20221108-115208.png

The negatives to losing this tonight would be a further drop in morale and/or picking up more injuries, and not the fact that we're out of the cup.

We're out as soon as we play a half-decent team anyway, and in our situation the more weeks where we play once only, the better. Maybe a hard-fought, VAR goal-overturned 1-0 defeat would be best as it might give the players a sense of injustice that they want to put right at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.