2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set up 4-1-4-1 today. Iwobi and onana man marking their two dm to stop west ham playing through them. Their cb’s were crap on the ball

First time I’ve seen us control a game of football in almost ayear and half.

You can see the plan, you can see what he’s building toward, it’s coherent, congruent and you can absolutely get behind it.
When we came out of our own right corner flag in the last few mins with a bit of patience, crisp passing and movement was lovely. If only doucoure would have played the right pass it would have been a quality goal.

You don't have to be a great talented team to have a go at top six in this league.

Off the top of my head Wolves, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, ourselves, Sheff Utd have all been within a couple of results of getting it in the last few years.

I see a team now who are desperate to not concede, win the ball back, do the hard yards and when you have that, you can have a good go.

I think if he can ever get fit, DCL would love this team.

I have never been totally convinced by Frank , but I can definitely see him improving as he is doing the job. He seems to be getting more flexible , and able to change tactics and formations. Long may it continue , as I believe that he is finally "getting us".

First time in a long time that I’ve been so content and convinced by the management at the club. Funnily enough it’s coincided with Moshiri finally letting the people he employs do their jobs.

Frank is an incredibly likeable fella, and I hope he’s here for a long time because we appear to be building something.

You don't have to be a great talented team to have a go at top six in this league.

Off the top of my head Wolves, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, ourselves, Sheff Utd have all been within a couple of results of getting it in the last few years.

I see a team now who are desperate to not concede, win the ball back, do the hard yards and when you have that, you can have a good go.

I think if he can ever get fit, Dominic Calvert-Lewin would love this team.

Think we have to look at DCL as a luxury and go all out for Kudus in January (or some other forward our scouting team will have their eye on)

Also, team look lot fitter than they have for years.

Yes, but it was clear all summer that Lampard was building a house with no roof on it in the sense that he banked on Dominic Calvert-Lewin being available for most games. He only moved belatedly for Maupay, who is never going to be enough.

I share you're sentiment on Lampard as you know, but to get a different type of player in and rejuvenate the character of the squad only takes root when you win games, and we haven't so far and it could destabilise the whole Lampard project if we dont get some wins soon.
I think today has helped him enormously… his face when he walked to the Fans said everything
Relief and happiness

I think if he can ever get fit, Dominic Calvert-Lewin would love this team.
We have a very solid foundation, but I still think we will be a striker short of finishing top 10.

Liked when he was appointed and still very much like the man. You can see what he is trying to do and even though this is the first match to win the team has been solid and playing for each other. A good signing or two in January and things might get even better. Like what he’s doing here, likeable guy and seems to get Everton and the fans

This. Including the Guardian match report today, there's all kinds of narrative about the team floundering, Lampard on the hot seat, fans not onside, all this, and these "journalists" must just be filing their copy without watching the side.

Look at this crap.

Even on this board, where it is not hard to find doom and gloom, we're behind Frank. The mood of the squad is hardly desperate, anything but. The fans were a little quiet in spots today but that was due to the nature of the contest, I think, they were still in fine voice at times throughout and in the derby the crowd was a force.

There are some pessimists in the ranks but aren't we mostly united behind the manager and the direction?
As someone on a podcast said recently, the Guardian's sport department is run by kopites.

dont care what the media or other clubs think of the job he is doing here. Is all about us fans and the team i am happy it finally looks like we have a plan the players we want to bring in, style of play, structure of the youth team. Is just great seeing how frank has connected with the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.