2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. For the first time in a long time I feel the fans will give Lampard time and understand that results can take time. We need to stick by him as it’s not going to be easy… but just having a manager that seems to be putting the club before his own ego will keep the fans on his side.

This. Including the Guardian match report today, there's all kinds of narrative about the team floundering, Lampard on the hot seat, fans not onside, all this, and these "journalists" must just be filing their copy without watching the side.

Look at this crap.

The fiery atmosphere that helped keep Everton in the league last season has been replaced with trepidation and fear. The fans arrived in hope rather than expectation and they were rewarded for their commitment.
There are nerves abounding at Goodison Park; every misplaced pass in the early stages was greeted with a mixture of sighs and groans. Supporters are fearful of a repeat of last year’s battle for survival.

Even on this board, where it is not hard to find doom and gloom, we're behind Frank. The mood of the squad is hardly desperate, anything but. The fans were a little quiet in spots today but that was due to the nature of the contest, I think, they were still in fine voice at times throughout and in the derby the crowd was a force.

There are some pessimists in the ranks but aren't we mostly united behind the manager and the direction?

West Ham have a more potent attacking team than us.

So good management, good too to see a plan, just so much better all round.

Looking a lot more solid.

The defence was tigerish mate they looked so confident and just loved defending, the pressing was razor sharp, we won an unbelievable amount of turnover and WHU are no mugs.

Standard set, Southampton will be a big test of that, we a,ways seem to take our eye of the ball against them.

I thought Frank was our best option when we finally got rid of Benitez, he is proving to be exactly that. We will not become a team that challenges for Europe over night, but, I hope we will consolidate ourselves firmly in mid table this season and push on from there. It was not ideal not bringing in a wide forward and a centre forward this season, but he has improved the defence and midfield immensely.

Patience is the order of the day, but, I just feel Frank is the right man at the right club at the right time.

This. Including the Guardian match report today, there's all kinds of narrative about the team floundering, Lampard on the hot seat, fans not onside, all this, and these "journalists" must just be filing their copy without watching the side.

Look at this crap.

Even on this board, where it is not hard to find doom and gloom, we're behind Frank. The mood of the squad is hardly desperate, anything but. The fans were a little quiet in spots today but that was due to the nature of the contest, I think, they were still in fine voice at times throughout and in the derby the crowd was a force.

There are some pessimists in the ranks but aren't we mostly united behind the manager and the direction?
Just lazy journalism. Though to be fair to the journos, we have been on managers backs pretty relentlessly of late, Carlo aside (not to mention most of his tenure was behind closed doors). Evertonians are 100% behind this manager. He knows what we expect, the team now know what we expect, and loses will be forgiven should the effort and intensity be there for all to see. I have a feeling Lampard is here for the long haul and I’m excited to see where we end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.