New Everton Stadium Discussion

We will. Don't think the 20 or so people that don't work for LOR will have much impact. I can understand them targeting such a big project though as they know they will be seen....not really heard though as nothing to
Never usually agree with you ,but my best mate in uccatt now unite ,they weren't allowed on the hostpital project I think Joe Anderson intervened some progress was made .when lor got the project I thought this would happen, you know what the only thing the lads want to do is put up a few labels on the info board about holiday pay and if you're getting the right pay for the job you do also conditions on the site. Not much to ask construction workers get treated like animals and LOR are great at doing that....from a bricklayer who knows
My best mate has been working for LOR for 20 years without a problem. Gets the pay they have agreed to every month. Apologies if that doesn’t suit the agenda

I would like all workers to have union representation but unfortunately that’s not the way of the world, if companies could only win building contracts if union workers were used nothing would get built. I take it you don’t ask for a valid union card from every worker who turns up at your house to do any work on your house Of cause you don’t. This is in reply to davek

Last edited:
Of course it is. Do the club ant this stadium to be built by scab labour?

It's like PL clubs shrugging their shoulders at the kits they get from third world sweat shops as if it has nothing to do with them.

LOR did this at the Alder Hey build. They ignored all agreements signed up to within the industry and continue with blacklisting.

Are you fine with Everton backing this practice up on site at the docks?
See my reply about.

My best mate has been working for LOR for 20 years without a problem. Gets the pay they have agreed to every month. Apologies if that doesn’t suit the agenda
Probably does its usually the sub contractors who don't .there may not be any problems on the site so why can't they put a few things up on the notice board not doing any harm imo.They don't just call on to cause trouble you know they offer insurance stuff if you get injured and so forth..I'm not in the union anymore but there's no harm in the coming on to site .

Never usually agree with you ,but my best mate in uccatt now unite ,they weren't allowed on the hostpital project I think Joe Anderson intervened some progress was made .when lor got the project I thought this would happen, you know what the only thing the lads want to do is put up a few labels on the info board about holiday pay and if you're getting the right pay for the job you do also conditions on the site. Not much to ask construction workers get treated like animals and LOR are great at doing that....from a bricklayer who knows
If Everton are paying them hundreds of millions then they should INSIST on the involvement of free trade union activity onsite.

This is not on. I hope the club realise they will be massively embarrassed by a media campaign that gets stonger and stronger. This has to be sorted out. Those fellers are risking life and limb on site and they aren't allowed basic rights.

Some people here would oppose what went on in Qatar with their stadium builds but not down the road at the docks. The scale of exploitation is different, but the principle of exploitation is the same.

2022 Britain: employers acting in such draconian heavy handed ways cant be tolerated or allowed.

Probably does its usually the sub contractors who don't .there may not be any problems on the site so why can't they put a few things up on the notice board not doing any harm imo.They don't just call on to cause trouble you know they offer insurance stuff if you get injured and so forth..I'm not in the union anymore but there's no harm in the coming on to site .
No problems with unions and want everybody to come home safe and sound from doing a good days graft for adequate compensation. Can’t be doing with, as i think @banno said above, pot-stirrers

No....you know it's true. Militancy basically destroyed Liverpool and I....one of many had to leave to get a better life. I love my home people but FFS some are the most whingeing people in the world but the rest are diamonds
Ha Ha Ha Ha.

FFS.

The Tories all but destroyed Liverpool.

Jesus 'kin wept.

Did you live through the 80s by any chance? If you did and you draw your conclusion then you weren't paying attention were you?

Those fellers are risking life and limb on site and they aren't allowed basic rights.

Some people here would oppose what went on in Qatar with their stadium builds but not down the road at the docks. The scale of exploitation is different, but the principle of exploitation is the same.
Genuinely, not on the wind up here.

Can you please provide real examples of exploitation currently experienced by the workforce at Bramley Moore?

You seem to be awfully het up about it.

Anyone who wants to know how LOR operate read this:

They are bad faith actors in that industry and have to be cajoled to do ANYTHING which involves trade union recruitment onsite. It does the bare minimum of allowing unions to be present at inductions but that's about it.

And for Everton not to place pressure on them as the client to involve more unemployed apprentices is just not on.

Everton need to do a lot more here or their words about regeneration are hollow.

They have LOR over a barrel with the build, that's why they went for a fixed cost contract. They need to lean a lot more into them over this now.

Genuinely, not on the wind up here.

Can you please provide real examples of exploitation currently experienced by the workforce at Bramley Moore?

You seem to be awfully het up about it.
You explot people when they're not unionised because agreements aren;t formalised over work practices and onsite safety.

Let me ask you: are those Unite union members just out there taking the piss or or you think they may have a point or three?