Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have more opportunity to pay their respects outside of the football arena than they do in it. I cant help but think that if people are waiting to 'pay respects' in such a public setting, then it is less about them paying respect than it is being seen to do so.
That goes for all these minutes of silence / applause.

If it isn't someone who played for the club or made another significant contribution then we shouldn't have to endure it.

Football has been colonised by politicians, owners and governors who are determined to use the game for control purposes.

Hope we do this again

1663165389164.png

According to wiki - a few royals have attended Goodison (Including Elizabeth II).

That goes for all these minutes of silence / applause.
100% agree...i'm mostly ok with this minute's silence as there's so many of them (there were hardly any in the 80s and 90s) but i;d rather they were binned, except for a legendary manager/player, maybe, and rather than applause in the xxxth minute for a fan who died, i'd rather they have a tribute at half-time.

I mean his comment is basically just a reworded version of mine, it literally says “don’t give them a reason to slam us”
Oh come on Mike, yours is far more of the "they're only putting the game on so we can boo, and they can write bad things about us" variety and you hinted that ours is on- and the RS's is off for these reasons. Nonsense...if there's was on, it'd just be a case of rolling out Sir Kenny, Rushie and Nessie Shankly to ask everyone to be shush for a bit. Like they had to yesterday.

Also, if we do roundly boo, then the media will jump on it....which is to be expected The RS didn't boo last night, just had a few p*ssheads shouting the name of their team and ours will be similar (observed well by 99%, with a few shouting F- the Tories, probably).

Oh come on Mike, yours is far more of the "they're only putting the game on so we can boo, and they can write bad things about us" variety and you hinted that ours is on- and the RS's is off for these reasons. Nonsense...if there's was on, it'd just be a case of rolling out Sir Kenny, Rushie and Nessie Shankly to ask everyone to be shush for a bit. Like they had to yesterday.

Also, if we do roundly boo, then the media will jump on it....which is to be expected The RS didn't boo last night, just had a few p*ssheads shouting the name of their team and ours will be similar (observed well by 99%, with a few shouting F- the Tories, probably).

do you actually care what the media say about us? look at the state of them

Status
Not open for further replies.