Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel so strongly about not being a part of it, then the solution is to find a better country; and to reveal my own colours here - practically any will do. (I'm neither a royalist nor proud to be British - but I do believe in being respectful). Otherwise take this trivial inconvenience on the chin.
I have a country and I love living here. Sadly it's in a forced union with a country full of royalist bootlickers. I would rather we left than me left

Ha no. From someone neutral in the meeting. Their CEO said he was clear there would be disturbance to any memorial gesture.
There'd be disturbance all over. There wouldn;t have been a CEO in that room able to give assurances that a silence wouldn't be broken.

In any case: *King* Kenny gets out front centre in the media and its job done. Because everyone knows what phonies the Kopites really are.

Nicholas Witchell said funeral wont be on a Sunday and will be a holiday. He guessed the 19th but said that was only a guess at this point

If its after next weekend then game's could take place on Sat and Sun

There'd be disturbance all over. There wouldn;t have been a CEO in that room able to give assurances that a silence wouldn't be broken.

In any case: *King* Kenny gets out front centre in the media and its job done. Because everyone knows what phonies the Kopites really are.

I'm not arguing or taking the milk for the sake of it. Of the games this weekend Anfield was the main problem and deal breaker. As it would have been had it been us. Look at West Ham for royal sycophants

'While the nation is in mourning'

Are there seriously people at home crying and unable to function right now? Really?
Beyond a load of serf cockneys, is there bollocks.

This is what they want the world to think.

That's the reason the games are off. The silences would have been broken up and down the land in pockets of each ground apart from a few servile club supporters like West Ham and Chelsea. They cannot have that.

I'm not arguing or taking the milk for the sake of it. Of the games this weekend Anfield was the main problem and deal breaker. As it would have been had it been us. Look at West Ham for royal sycophants
Oh aye, I can see that. But for the most part it'd have been contained by Liverpool easily enough.

The Kopites are suckers for a pat on the head after showing their 'class'.

I have a country and I love living here. Sadly it's in a forced union with a country full of royalist bootlickers. I would rather we left than me left
If you’re in the UK you must live in either Wales or England then as that’s the only forced union.

They didn't call them off. We played at Bolton (the one where the ball went in our net and the ref messed up, we drew 0-0, Bolton were relegated that season, we weren't).

This weekend is right - to respect the monarch and the immediacy of her death. To do it again, next week, is overdoing the respect (unless the funeral is on Saturday but it's predicted for Monday) - suggesting everything stops for the entire 10 days when it's enough respect to postpone something once.
There was a foul on Southall in the build up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.