2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t get in the team and should no longer be official club captain in my humble opinion. This needs to be the start of a new era right now, and that era doesn’t include Coleman. Sorry to all the sentimentals that love him but this is Premier League football and it simply does not care about your sentiment.
For me it should be something like
the last time Everton were playing good football was when he was coming through (that was a proper team)
Coleman has carried us through in way, it would be proper too that this team see him finish with a proper team again.
that would be part of the energy of the team, only fitting and I'd believe beneficial.
He has to be there, at least at times, in spirit on the pitch.
I'll think we'll find a particular character to the team when he's on, up to Frank use that in time and place.

For me it should be something like
the last time Everton were playing good football was when he was coming through (that was a proper team)
Coleman has carried us through in way, it would be proper too that this team see him finish with a proper team again.
that would be part of the energy of the team, only fitting and I'd believe beneficial.
He has to be there, at least at times, in spirit on the pitch.
I'll think we'll find a particular character to the team when he's on, up to Frank use that in time and place.
I can't tell if you want us to play him or not?!

The difference with Lampard is I think he is honest, if we play poorly and get beat I think he will be more honest than some of our previous managers.
I never liked Martinez but I know he was well liked, but he was frustrating with his use of the word ’phenomenal’ even when we got tonked.

Time to find consistency. We were right in it against a good team at the weekend but last week spent the whole game pinned back by Leeds hardly able to get a touch. We need to be closer to the RS performance week in, week out and then the results will follow.

I want them out the squad completely. I want no trace of that culture left here, no stink of their utter lethargy. They’ve blighted season after season with their sloppiness, the way they just fold as soon as anything goes against them, their lack of pace or technique, their complete indifference to utter humiliations.

Lampard is building a new culture here based on players taking responsibility, leadership, pace power and technique, and players who want to be here and believe they can win.

I’ve got no time for these same old clowns to undermine it with their constant stupidity.

This 100%.

There's Coady and Tarkowski who were club captains. But also the very interesting choices of Garner and Onana, real leaders on the pitch. Patterson is another, that plays with real energy. Iwobi runs his heart out. Gana as well. Maupay huge work rate. Gray and Gordon get into the team with their work rate too.

There's no place for anyone that is uncommitted.

We went up against Liverpool and had the energy to match. And they're supposed to be known for their workrate and pressing.

Which also answers another question - Frank knew quickly not to use Dele, because he was going to be moved on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.