SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see ref watch on ssn ... what was the consensus on van dyke incident there
Gallagher and warnock surprisingly agreed with the onfield decision....

The female presenter, forget her name think she's a blue, said it was a leg breaker and should have deffo been a red card. Warnock then said it was borderline so an orange card, if one existed, would have been appropriate...

The female presenter, forget her name think she's a blue, said it was a leg breaker and should have deffo been a red card. Warnock then said it was borderline so an orange card, if one existed, would have been appropriate...

lol

That ref watch is a good laugh like. Whether they agree with the decision or not depends on which side benefited from it.

I cant be doing with celebrating a goal for then 2 minutes later it gets taken away from you, nah that's not football. Football is all about emotion good and bad, i don't want it to be robotic, i dont want it to work in millimeters.
Surely it brings in more emotion though; firstly: you initially celebrate the goal and encounter feelings of euphoria - happiness, joy and elation. But then: the goal is chalked off so you go through the negative emotions instead - sadness, anger, denial, blame, and self-pity. So there you have it, there is your "emotion good and bad". Therefore by this metric, VAR is football in its purest form.

If he intentionally meant to hurt Onana, you might have a point. Roy Keane on Haaland, Son on Andre Gomes, Richarlison on Thiago, Gerrard on Naysmith – all of these are deliberately dangerous tackles. This was a player getting to the ball a fraction before the other

If you look at where VVD was looking at the moment of impact, it was directly where his foot was. I have seen plenty of these challenges and often the contact is so high as the offenders eyes follow the ball as it passes them. VVD continued to stare exactly where he hit him. Then you consider the mentality he went into the derby where he got injured, twice 'leaving one on'; James, then it starts to make me wonder just how premeditated some of these 'challenges' are. The fact that it was Onana that left Carvalho in a heap after Carvalho ran into him isn't inconsequential in my eyes. Also, the ref reacted immediately and from what I can gather called the medics onto the pitch before fully assessing the player and asking if the player wants the medical staff, which for me shows that he knows just how bad a challenge it was.

Doesn't surprise me about Gallagher at all, ex ref and most of them have always had a bias, or should we say too much respect for the top six/ seven clubs. But this has spread to the media, where Gallagher and co are fully expected to toe the line. Sky / BT the Premier League have a brand to protect, they don't realise there are 13 or 14 other clubs, they want the same clubs at the top every season. The rest of the Country are sick of the sight of them same clubs hoovering everything up, Sky etc must be gutted at Liverpool's start this year. He honest if that tackle was reversed, could anyone really say Onana would not have saw a straight red for it, off the referee or var ?

If you look at where VVD was looking at the moment of impact, it was directly where his foot was. I have seen plenty of these challenges and often the contact is so high as the offenders eyes follow the ball as it passes them. VVD continued to stare exactly where he hit him. Then you consider the mentality he went into the derby where he got injured, twice 'leaving one on'; James, then it starts to make me wonder just how premeditated some of these 'challenges' are. The fact that it was Onana that left Carvalho in a heap after Carvalho ran into him isn't inconsequential in my eyes. Also, the ref reacted immediately and from what I can gather called the medics onto the pitch before fully assessing the player and asking if the player wants the medical staff, which for me shows that he knows just how bad a challenge it was.
Fair enough, but are you watching that back in slow motion? It's an obvious comment but it paints a totally different picture.

People are making out like it's Kevin Nolan on Anichebe at Newcastle. Now *that* was premeditated

Warnock did also say Coady’s goal should have stood, as it came off Milner last and that Milner intended to play the ball, where as Gallagher tried to argue that Milner was blocking it and that is not intentionally playing the ball!
Think I’m with Warnock on this one!

ThIs GuY GeTs It

As fans we gotta RISE UP against the hyperextension of VAR in the same way that we did against the Super League, because what we’re seeing is the encroachment of the surveillance state where what happens on the pitch is just a dress rehearsal for BigBrother and CCTV to analyze, but the truth of the moment is seen in real time by the referee and unless there’s a clear and obvious error VAR should not get involved with rectifying tiny little things that show up in slow motion about a foul in our own half 30 seconds before the goal is scored, and we’ve gotta make a point of this, not just when it affects our team, but like the atrocious nullification of West Ham’s equalizer yesterday, I mean that, if that goes on the Premeer League is just going to be a playground for the surveillance state. We have to end this, we have to RISE UP against the ABUSIVE VAR. But such is the infection of the time, that for the health and physic of our right, we cannot deal but the very hand of stern injustice and confused wrong. Come on you Gunners

ThIs GuY GeTs It

As fans we gotta RISE UP against the hyperextension of VAR in the same way that we did against the Super League, because what we’re seeing is the encroachment of the surveillance state where what happens on the pitch is just a dress rehearsal for BigBrother and CCTV to analyze, but the truth of the moment is seen in real time by the referee and unless there’s a clear and obvious error VAR should not get involved with rectifying tiny little things that show up in slow motion about a foul in our own half 30 seconds before the goal is scored, and we’ve gotta make a point of this, not just when it affects our team, but like the atrocious nullification of West Ham’s equalizer yesterday, I mean that, if that goes on the Premeer League is just going to be a playground for the surveillance state. We have to end this, we have to RISE UP against the ABUSIVE VAR. But such is the infection of the time, that for the health and physic of our right, we cannot deal but the very hand of stern injustice and confused wrong. Come on you Gunners
About the only thing I'd stand side by side with the QAnon loons over

Status
Not open for further replies.