SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
One issue is English football went from being one of the most honest leagues into a cesspit of cheating. Some would blame the influence of foreign players and coaches… and they’d be right!

No they wouldn’t.

Francis Lee had mastered the art of diving for both City and Derby back in the 60s and 70s.

Don Revie’s Leeds could have taught today’s foreign imports a few things about football’s dark arts.

Cheating and gamesmanship were present in our game long before foreign players and coaches became a thing.

The one about if it was us would I have a problem? Yes, obviously I would and I'd be sick with Jordan Pickford for cheating his way out of his mistake. I'd encourage anybody to not be so tribal when it comes to VAR decisions, because we all lose in the end
Arguing for the same rule to apply in every instance, regardless of the clubs involved, is the OPPOSITE of tribalism.

At least argue the point being discussed.

I was thinking out the tight offsides. We get to see one frame they used .They can only have guessed when the attacker plays the ball. No way is it possible to be accurate. The time from making contact to leaving the foot is a lot of frames.
Therefore VAR is crap.

Conte got it right. VAR is not wanted by football people. His exact words were get rid of it. A pundit on the media made the damning comment that the VAR operators ethos is clearly, "is there any way we can disallow this goal?" A totally wrong way of thinking and a disgrace that such an attitude should prevail.In one week Everton lost 4 points, 2 at Leeds where Marsh admitted the second goal should have stood, 2 against the RS where the ref and linesman gave the goal, RS players clearly accepted it as they trudged up the pitch. And that was just Everton.
Scrap it before it is allowed to ruin our wonderful game.

Scrap it is right. Its not scientific ,its far too subjective and so it doesnt help.
Every var decision is " explained" in a defensive gobbledygook manner. The subjective part changes according to the decision made. " deliberate block" etc.
It should have gone when they claimed siggardson was offside for sitting on the floor.

Never in a million years should that've been a red card. He quite clearly got just gets to the ball a fraction after Onana does, it's not like he's flying in two-footed. Would've been livid if one of ours had been sent off for that.
It wasn't a fraction, he was really late. So late that at the game I actually missed the tackle because my eyes were following the ball.

the irony is that VAR is entirely subjective...the very antithesis of its raison d'être. Offside lines are projected from a subjectivity (albeit within milliseconds) of when a ball is released. And that ALWAYS will favour the moneyed clubs (subscription-wise). It's a way of controlling outcomes to 'keep the spice flowing'...anybody who thinks otherwise is living in some deluded old-school gentlemenry.

It's ALL about the money folks! Money/revenue is the alpha and the omega of football...moreso than any other sport on the planet.

...it's as bent as all f@#k

Oh god he's got gone jaunty caps already
Jaunty caps beats going off the reservation and defending dirty tackles committed by the RS against our own players.

I don't believe that it's alright for opponents to go studs up into Everton players, and you aren't going to convince me otherwise. It's also not ok, IMHO, for one of ours to commit a foul like the one VVD hit Onana with on Saturday. It's only luck that stopped Onana suffering a horror injury there. Let's stop here, and I'll sit back and watch others pass judgement on you.

In terms of hills to die on, you've picked an absolute stunner.

Last edited:
Problem with Var is this

4 games kick off at the same time

3 minutes in to each match a plays is tripped in the box
1-Ref pen - VAR agrees
2- Ref Pen- Var disagrees
3- Ref no pen- VAR agrees
4 Ref no pen - VAR disagrees

Var not the problem it’s the biased useless Ref who run it that’s the problem

Probably controversial this but does anybody really honestly think coady was onside, I mean really. I'm as big a blue as anybody on here but to keep pointing at that decision as a reason to scrap VAR is a bit nonsensical. The biggest problems with VAR are inconsistency of decisions, which in turn come from those operating the system. For me this consistency would be improved if those running it actually had some idea of how the game is played i.e. ex pros. VAR does it's job it's those running it that don't.

We've had them go in our favour too. Remember this shocker that gave us a point two years ago v them? I don't think it's corruption, just pure incompetence.

1662373044602.png

Status
Not open for further replies.