SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still think its more of an issue with the crap/biased english refs than VAR itself. Many other leagues have implemented VAR without the disastrous results we are seeing in the Prem.
Obsessed by status here in the UK in particular economic status, simply they and their captain Van sore knee are more important to the premier league than Everton currently. Reverse that takle and it's us that goes down to 10 men most likely extended ban for Onana as well.
We have the European super league by stealth those clubs will generally get the rub of the green against those not considered to be in that group.

This.

I was buzzing Moyes and West Ham were fuming and was also buzzing when Coutinho's goal was disallowed but its wrong and destroying the game we love by people who've never kicked a ball in their lives.

Stick to the goal line technology and let the incompetent[ referees do what they've been doing for over a century and officiate the game, their will be mistakes of course their will, every team will be on the end of a good and bad decision.

I cant be doing with celebrating a goal for then 2 minutes later it gets taken away from you, nah that's not football. Football is all about emotion good and bad, i don't want it to be robotic, i dont want it to work in millimeters.

Create a pool of European referees and distribute them to each game in different leagues each week, then there becomes no bias towards certain fanbases or certain managers they've took a bit of stick off.

Good post. This is the crux of the matter though. People have been slamming the refereeing in this country for a long time now. Let's not forget, it was shoddy refereeing, ultimately that led to VAR. It was basically meant to stop appalling injustices, wasn't it? With hindsight, it definitely seems like that's how it was 'sold.'

What we really need to do is tear up the current gateway to becoming a Premier League ref.

People rightly question whether the officials may be reluctant to overturn their 'mates' decision, because they'll be working together a lot and what have you. Well. it goes a lot deeper than that. How many people stop to consider that most of these refs will have known each other since they were very young?

The path to becoming a 'top ref' can start at age 14. If you come through the system, and end up becoming a Premier League ref, you will earn 'a salary of between £38,500 and £42,000 – which varies based on experience. Referees are then given an extra £1,150 for matches they are put in charge of, which means that a Premier League referee can earn up to £70,000 per season.'

Obviously, if you ref at a lower level, pay will be lower. There's so many issues with this. For a start, if you hang your mate out to dry once too often, then you're basically messing with his livelihood, Another issue with this is the talent pool you're recruiting from, You're basically recruiting people who've set out on a career knowing that if they get to the very, very top, become one of the elite in their field, then they could earn up to 70k a year... They're hardly gonna attract the finest minds in the country are they? This is a league that has just spent £2 billion on transfers.

Is paying Premier League refs up to 70k per year also not leaving the system open to corruption? 70k a year? To make decisions that can have implications worth 10's of million of pounds? Fool proof eh?

IMO, the selection process for the prem has to start from a much higher standard. I'd genuinely make it a gateway requirement to be a doctor and I'd pay them all 500k a year.

TL;DR?

Who was that meff crowing about earning 70k a year? He was defo a Premier League ref.

Thought that var was to route out these fouls.,,All I’m saying is that it was as clear a case for a sending off if ever there was one. But nobody sees it. So VVD gets away with it. Believe it or not I’m not even a conspiracy believer. I don’t really believe that the referees and var operators are out to get Everton.,But what I do believe is that they are idiots.,,Complete buffoons.
The media is just a pile of nonsense ( and that’s being polite)., VVD should have been sent off. Couldn’t care less what the media think.,, What if one of our players had committed that foul. ( let Salah know that we meant business). He would have walked.
Just tongue in cheek when I said that VVD was slowing down. We all know the guy can play I wee bit. And as for letting players know he’s there. That’s fine. Most players do that. But not as blatantly as he did on Saturday.
Still don’t believe in conspiracy nonsense. It’s just incompetent buffoons running the game. And the criers get the most decisions. Maybe now we have a few players that won’t except the referees @##@…..Up the Toffees.
That's about as sure a thing as you could count on. We have more than twice as many red cards in derby's than that lot. We are not, at all, twice as guilty of red card offences. You can see all the stomps that nobody bothered to call from the early 00's and it would even it out.

The thing about the VVD one especially the still pic that's going around is look where the ball as the point of contact.
Its behind VVD that's how late and dangerous it was.

The 3 teams that benefitted from the weekends atrocious VAR decisions are Chelsea Liverpool City (coincidence?) of course not.
EDIT: Just realised VVD tackle didnt even go to VAR!

The worse one for me was West Hams, that's nothing to do with incompetence or a mistake its clear corruption, mistakes get made during real time not watching them on repeat 10 times through a monitor.

Its not fit for purpose its there to eradicate mistakes so were better off without it, its also taking the euphoria out of goal celebrations. Its killing the game.

BTW did Richarlison's yellow card get rescinded after getting booked for his disallowed goal celebration?
Even Utd got the benefit of the Arsenal goal and I’m sure Erikson was offside for the 3rd goal. Basically it was all the bigger teams so called

Never in a million years should that've been a red card. He quite clearly got just gets to the ball a fraction after Onana does, it's not like he's flying in two-footed. Would've been livid if one of ours had been sent off for that.
Leg breaking challenge Straight red no contest, every pundit var Shears said it’s a red. If that was the other way round it would of been a red

This.

I was buzzing Moyes and West Ham were fuming and was also buzzing when Coutinho's goal was disallowed but its wrong and destroying the game we love by people who've never kicked a ball in their lives.

Stick to the goal line technology and let the incompetent referees do what they've been doing for over a century and officiate the game, their will be mistakes of course their will, every team will be on the end of a good and bad decision.

I cant be doing with celebrating a goal for then 2 minutes later it gets taken away from you, nah that's not football. Football is all about emotion good and bad, i don't want it to be robotic, i dont want it to work in millimeters.

Create a pool of European referees and distribute them to each game in different leagues each week, then there becomes no bias towards certain fanbases or certain managers they've took a bit of stick off.
The Aston Villa one really really odd. The Ref blew the whistle for offside as he slammed the ball in. So technically it’s not VAR fault

Thought that var was to route out these fouls.,,All I’m saying is that it was as clear a case for a sending off if ever there was one. But nobody sees it. So VVD gets away with it. Believe it or not I’m not even a conspiracy believer. I don’t really believe that the referees and var operators are out to get Everton.,But what I do believe is that they are idiots.,,Complete buffoons.
The media is just a pile of nonsense ( and that’s being polite)., VVD should have been sent off. Couldn’t care less what the media think.,, What if one of our players had committed that foul. ( let Salah know that we meant business). He would have walked.
Just tongue in cheek when I said that VVD was slowing down. We all know the guy can play I wee bit. And as for letting players know he’s there. That’s fine. Most players do that. But not as blatantly as he did on Saturday.
Still don’t believe in conspiracy nonsense. It’s just incompetent buffoons running the game. And the criers get the most decisions. Maybe now we have a few players that won’t except the referees @##@…..Up the Toffees.
The Ref did see it he booked him, sent off? No ofcource he wasn’t just like Ayew and Shelvey last season. Players don’t get sent off against Everton

Van Dijk should have been off but Richarlison also got away with on in the last derby at the end. If he goes off there we may get relegated with his 3 game ban. There was also the Mane fractional offside in the last minute a couple of years ago since VAR came in and Pickford on Van Dijk avoided a red, so the victim narrative can get tiring.

In general though the VAR mess seems to just be another way to favour the big teams.
The Pickford one, VVD doing the extract same thing he did on Onana, also VVD should of been sent off in that game before his broken leg

I was thinking out the tight offsides. We get to see one frame they used .They can only have guessed when the attacker plays the ball. No way is it possible to be accurate. The time from making contact to leaving the foot is a lot of frames.
Therefore VAR is crap.
Next season it will be done by computer as there a sensor in the ball and hundreds of cameras to get it right

Status
Not open for further replies.