2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was so unlucky that day, incredible effort in the game and then saving two pens in a final and still not winning the cup.

The big improvement with Pickford has been his mental improvements during the game. He used to instil zero confidence because we would rush out unconvincingly and flap at ball a lot more and be constantly shouting about not much. Now he’s still very vocal but it’s more about telling everyone to calm down and how he’s got this and it’s ok.
We bought him young, so his learning - like Neville Southall's in the early 80s - was going to come at our expense. At 28, he's about to come into his prime.

No mate, you were watching the same as us, as I said, he made some bad mistakes in a few games, but its the Michael Keane illness.

If somebody plays 35 games at a very high level and then for 3 games they score own goals or throw balls into the net, then some people consider them a bad player.

But anyway, we all agree hes "better" now, so lets just focus on that aspect.
No mate there must be some negatives we can talk about. There absolutely must be.

At 28, he's about to come into his prime.
He is really coming into his own and its great to see. If Jordan and the rest of our defence can keep this up, we will be more than fine. There will be a hickup here and there, but thats life for footballers and supporters. I think im officially on team Pickford now, and it feels great.

Yeah they all want him replaced in the England team. He twice the arsenal goalie.
I am no England Fan at all, other than watching them when our keeper is in goal, but Ramsdale when he conceded 4 against whoever it was, should have let the England fans and press know who the Number 1 is - Though a lot of them it never does, as 3 of those goal's in that game he should have saved to me

I am no England Fan at all, other than watching them when our keeper is in goal, but Ramsdale when he conceded 4 against whoever it was, should have let the England fans and press know who the Number 1 is - Though a lot of them it never does, as 3 of those goal's in that game he should have saved to me
It's Dean Henderson.

*runs for the hills*

Seriously though come 11/25 my preference is far and away for Ramsdale to play and the guy I want to see the least us Henderson. Pope and Pickford are close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.