2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to pick my hill to die on and open myself up to serious latter vaulting and say that Frank Lampard is the most important/best signing that we have made in years.

He has immediately bought in to our identity as a club and has galvanised a disillusioned fan base and team that were so bereft of confidence that other managers were commenting that we had forgotten how to win.

He speaks eloquently and passionately and doesn’t seem afraid of taking a fine for calling out bad decisions for the betterment of Everton Football Club - think there will be another fine incoming for having the temerity for suggesting St Virgil should have been sent off yesterday.

He has improved players already here immeasurably - Iwobi in particulars transformation has been astonishing but others such as Anthony Gordon have also improved. I think he has also made it clear to players in the squad they have no future and it would be best to move on.

We have had years of a mish mash of expensive dross from various managers and for the first time in ages I feel like we have an identity. People are feeling positive and looking forward to games again. The results will come.

Disappointing not to have won in the Prem yet and our league position but there is signs progress is being made, however small.

Lampard came in during dark days at this club and us at a really low ebb. He was never going to take such a poor squad to where we want to be in a short period but with the players brought in and the pattern of play from the team, it's clear small steps in the right direction are being taken.
Think this game was huge step. We actually play without franatic kicking from Pickford and back line towards Gordon and Gray, praying they'll do something. It looks like players have some barrier, and hopefully it will vanish with the win.

You should always start rebuilt from the back so good start, see where are in Jan to see if we are desperate for another goal scorer.

2 years for Frank. Not getting giddy like some. I do see improvements.

But if our manager wasn't charming and good looking I think at least there would be 50/50 on here (being generous) arguing on Lamps future here. He pulled us out of relegation that it took him 3 months to put us in. Not like he found us rock bottom and made a a great escape.

We now find ourselves 6 games at the start without a win after two windows.

Again. I'm on Frank's side. I do see some improvements. But if the fella was an ugly grump the pitchforks would be out.

Such is life. You see people in work make great strides because of personality and looks. Not saying That's all that Frank's got. Far from it. I just know we would not be delighted with things if he hadn't got that. At best we would be tolerant and slightly hopeful at best.

He needs a lot of time. Like anyone does. Good luck Frank.

But if our manager wasn't charming and good looking I think at least there would be 50/50 on here (being generous) arguing on Lamps future here. He pulled us out of relegation that it took him 3 months to put us in. Not like he found us rock bottom and made a a great escape.

Again. I'm on Frank's side. I do see some improvements. But if the fella was an ugly grump the pitchforks would be out.

Such is life. You see people in work make great strides because of personality and looks. Not saying That's all that Frank's got. Far from it. I just know we would not be delighted with things if he hadn't got that. At best we would be tolerant and slightly hopeful at best.

I think most of us know he not the real deal yet and he makes mistakes.

I think most of us just want a stable manager who got time to build a team. Matter of time if we have backed the right horse but there is a few things that look promising

Signings look good
Fight in the team
Harder to beat.

Not like he found us rock bottom and made a a great escape.

He found us in complete free fall and without hope. It was only a matter of a few more games under the FSW and we’d have been bottom of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.