Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would despise it but I can definitely see the club offering something to Barkley, wouldn't be surprised either if we'd go for Batshuayi if he does indeed get released too.

After seeing your comment about why Gilmour was brought to Brighton, I thought we were just speculating why players were brought in and passing them off as fact. Guess only you're allowed to do that... lol
My comment was based on what was said on the local news down here, maybe they had it wrong, I wasn't passing anything off as a fact and didn't say it was a fact, we will see over time.

We needed to sort out the defence and midfield
The reason why we signed the midfielders is because the existing ones are not good enough. They were the main problem in fairness.
Shocking to leave us without a forward and wingers though as the club hierarchy have now gambled with our future.
Absolute shambles. If we manage to survive though we just need to sort out a decent keeper and forward line/wingers for creativity

Has that Zagadou got a major injury issue? Surprised hes a F/A at 23 when there was a lot of promise on him. I can only assume its injury related.

I think in some games Onana will play and some Garner will play.
More likely that, once everyone is bedded in, Gana gets rotated on the regular if they're all healthy. A soon-to-be 33-year-old midfielder is not someone that should be started every three days if it's avoidable. Take Xavi's last two seasons, for example. In the second-to-last, they subbed him off at around the 70th minute a lot. In the last season, they subbed him on at the 70th minute a lot.

This is despite the fact that if there's ever been anyone in midfield you wanted playing the full 90 every time out, it's Xavi. The whole thing was built around him.

The reason why we signed the midfielders is because the existing ones are not good enough. They were the main problem in fairness.
Shocking to leave us without a forward and wingers though as the club hierarchy have now gambled with our future.
Absolute shambles
. If we manage to survive though we just need to sort out a decent keeper and forward line/wingers for creativity
Prone to exaggeration much?

Has that Zagadou got a major injury issue? Surprised hes a F/A at 23 when there was a lot of promise on him. I can only assume its injury related.
He's had some pretty major injuries already in his short career, he has talent but he's a risk because he can't stay fit and hasn't really had a proper prolonged period of form because of that

Absolute shambles. If we manage to survive though we just need to sort out a decent keeper and forward line/wingers for creativity
Not a Pickford fan then? I don't think he is a problem at all.

So is the plan for dom to miraculously stay fit then when attacking options are needed throw maupay in? As we have no depth whatsoever. I know frank didn't trust dele but the attacking options are already underwhelming and Everton are unable to evade an ample amount of significant injuries I think they really bungled things with offensive options and its actually a detriment to solid recruitment they did elsewhere on the pitch.
I've repeatedly slated Maupay, and the club's decision to sign him. But if the choices are:

a) keep Dele Alli, pay Spurs at least £10m for him and then pay him £100k p/w to sit on the bench; or

b) shift Alli out, bring in Maupay for £12m and pay him £50k p/w to play whenever DCL is injured, suspended or needs a breather;

Well, B is the better option. I'm not saying it's an adequate replacement for Richarlison, because it clearly isn't. But Rondon was getting games ahead of Alli, so Alli was obviously not a good fit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.