Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will personally be stunned if we stay up this season. An absolute shocker from the club. Could have brought in a decent option or 2 from abroad, but instead we get Maupay and McNeil.

Club have had an absolute shocker.
Wouldn’t go that far, Maupay is a good pick up we just needed an extra forward option

And yet had he not been incorrectly ruled offside against Leeds he would have scored 50% of our goals this season. He started like a rocket last season but got injured and tailed off. I'm more concerned with McNeil at the moment who has literally offered nothing.
He has done the same thing at every club he has been at, a good impact sub and that is it.

Now he has zero competition for his place.

We've attempted to address defence and midfield. We got a striker in. The manager chose to hold on to Gordon, who he has singled out as somebody he wants to build around. He has been backed.

I don't particularly rate some of the players we got in - especially in the more advanced positions - but we'll now get to see what the manager is capable of. I'm happy that Frank Lampard now has his imprint on the side and can now get on with building something in his own image.

I feared a season where the manager wasn't backed and was sent out with a broken bat, leaving us in limbo. But he has spent almost 90m this summer. Indeed, we spent more than we took in. It's Frank's team now.

Well, I will personally be stunned if we stay up this season. An absolute shocker from the club. Could have brought in a decent option or 2 from abroad, but instead we get Maupay and McNeil.

Club have had an absolute shocker.
I think that’s harsh, name who we could have bought who would be guaranteed PL quality? The only signing who does concern me a bit is McNeil the rest I’m more than happy with. Another striker would have been ideal but all in all we have done much better than I thought we would do. Onana was an excellent buy and bring Gueye back could help us be more productive up top as he will help the defence.

The signings make us stronger. I'm trying to take positives because i'm disappointed that we've not managed to get more strikers. DCL out so that leaves just Maupay who hasn't started yet. Rondon I think has been told he can leave so..... I would have been happy with 2 new forwards say someone from Blackburn and someone from Chelsea. One would have been okay I guess but prefer 2. But none is poor. The powers that be need to learn not to leave it till the last couple of days of the window.

We've attempted to address defence and midfield. We got a striker in. The manager chose to hold on to Gordon, who he has singled out as somebody he wants to build around. He has been backed.

I don't particularly rate some of the players we got in - particularly in the more advanced positions - but we'll now get to see what the manager is capable of. I'm happy that Frank Lampard now has his imprint on the side and can now get on with building something in his own image.

I feared a season where the manager wasn't backed and was sent out with a broken bat, leaving us in limbo. But he has spent almost 90m this summer. Indeed, we spent more than we took in. It's Frank's team now.
I would have liked another attacker but once they bought McNeil and declined the offers for Gordon they made their choice. Gordon stepping up basically has to happen. Early signs aren't awful so let's hope he keeps going.

Status
Not open for further replies.