Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah haven’t replaced him then
Not directly. No.

Is the team stronger? Time will tell I suppose.

Anyway, I’m not bedwetting over Richarlison. As I said Gordon could w we lm become his replacement and Maupay should replace Rondon. DCL is back in training. So we soon will have another option.

Sure you’ll be utterly frothing at the mouth if he does.
Nah, he wants the best for Everton doesn't he? If its getting relegated. Yes, we ALL remember @ForeverBlue92
Sorry @chicoazul I tried to # be nice
No creative midfielder. No additional striker. No wide player. Lots of goals and assists need replacing I just don't see it with mcneil and maupay.

Maupay hasn't kicked a ball yet but we've seen plenty of him at this level to gauge a validated opinion.
Two goals against the Rs? Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to type a hat trick! Depressingly.

Richarlison was best off the left, we haven’t replaced that player.

Maupay is a back up striker for us who is replacing Rondon.
Gordon and Gray both perform best on the left. One of them will emerge as the starter over the course of the season. The bigger issue is the wide right slot: Townsend is ok there but won't be playing before Christmas, so at the moment we're choosing from McNeil or possibly Iwobi (now we've got some functional bodies to play CM).

Maybe we have a free agent in mind, or maybe we're going to switch to a 352, with Gray, Gordon, Maupay and Dominic being the pool from which we pick the front 2 in any given week.

Looking at last season's stats, we got 19 total goals from Richarlison / Dom / Gordon combined and only a further 4 goals from the entirety of the midfield (6 if you count Iwobi as a midfielder, but he really wasn't last year).

I honestly believe we can get more than 19 goals from the combination of Gordon / Dom / Maupay this season, if Dom can make at least 25+ appearances. And with a completely new midfield, I can definitely see more than 4 goals coming from Onana / Iwobi / Gana / Garner.

Michael Keane also made 32 appearances last year.

Yes, we will miss Richarlison's all-around play, but I think many of us underestimate just how massive of an upgrade we've made in midfield and defense. We gave up 66 goals in the league last year. I really don't see that happening again at all.

So are we going to Europe? Not without a miracle. Are we nailed on for relegation, though? No.

And if Dom can't come back consistently, there's always January, which I think will be more active than usual for everyone because of the proximity to the World Cup.

Although we are light upfront, I am pleased that we look to have invested in a functional midfield. I think this is going to improve us dramatically even if we are light on proven goal scorers. It’s been so long since our midfield has held its own on a consistent basis. I expect/hope that we can build to a mid table finish over the course of the season.
Of course it has the potential to end in disaster with our limited forward options. But at this stage I’ll stay positive and look forward to Everton playing and competing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.