judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious we had tightened up in defence. the last 24 hours have given plenty of midfield options. Could we realistically replace richy? probably not given our position but at least we have options - only time will tell.

7.5/10

Overhauled last season's pathetic defence and non-existent midfield with players with leadership, experience and energy. The difference will be massive.

Whether it'll be enough to offset the lack of creativity, who knows. The next window is only a few months away at least.

Really looking forward to seeing how this new midfield takes shape. Also think Maupay will surprise a lot on here.

Gana was essential. Garner could be interesting but more a development signing.

Picking up Coady and Tarkowski for hardly anything is obviously very astute business given the defensive issues last season.

Many many midfield options for Lampard to play with now. Just hope he quickly finds the right combination and sticks with it.

So far so good.....however...

striker light for me.

Take this weekend. I assume Maupay will be straight in and it will be front 3 of him, Gordon and Gray.

The attacking options remain Rondon and McNeill which isnt great. If Calvert Lewin is fit enough for bench then that's better but he's obviously going to be starting again eventually.

We'll see how well Maupay can replace Richarlison over the next 30 games but I still feel final third has been gambled on a little too much given last season's issues particularly as there isn't really an added goalscoring threat from the midfielders signed although Onana has got into some good positions so hopefully he can score a couple soon.

I'll be a bit downbeat and go 6.5/10. Will as ever be delighted to be proven wrong (if someone like Brereton Diaz had come in I'd have bumped it to an 8 as then pretty much all areas are well covered and it's up to Lampard to work it all out).

I think Lampard wanted another attacker in. If he says he wants goals spread around the team in his next press conference he's putting a brave face on it.

Going to be interesting to see his body language in his pre - match press conference ahead of the RS game Dave. I hope he has a face like a smacked arse to show he wasn't happy with the outcome of the window, doubt it like and I imagine he'll be lauding the board.

I think Lampard wanted another attacker in. If he says he wants goals spread around the team in his next press conference he's putting a brave face on it.

Someone like Gallagher would've been a brilliant pick up given he scored 9-10 for Palace last season from midfield so yes until you have that type of midfielder in a blue shirt it's simply a massive gamble to have it as the strategy.

I'd say at least with all these midfield signings it gives the opportunity to play Iwobi more advanced so perhaps he can step up again now he's playing with more confidence and chip in with 5-10 goals.

Individual signings:

Tarkowski (7)
Vinagre (5)
McNeil (5)
Onana (9)
Coady (6)
Maupay (6)
Gana (8)
Garner (Can't possibly say)

That brings the window to roughly a 6/10.

But then the lack of adding a proper CF really does knock off a couple of points.

6/10
Defence is better, midfield is better, attack is weaker.
We still haven’t replaced Lukaku.
However many transfer windows later we have still not bought a striker worthy of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.