Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in a relegation battle 7 premier league games ago....,and we haven't won one since......so yes relegation is a very real possibility I'm afraid....
Remember last season at this point, it looked like we were going to do very well, then look at what happened. I’m not to fussed about our slow start, players are still gelling so I’m confident we will improve and the wins will come.

Remember Fellaini rocking up at 3 in the morning, still hope yet lads, right?
Different world. In the world of the 24 hour news cycle beast perpetually starved for content, on deadline day these players might as well have an AirTag inserted in a very uncomfortable place. If they go somewhere unusual, we hear about it.

We really need McNeill to step up now in my opinion. Think today puts a big pressure on him to produce. No room for passengers.

Elsewise I think we’re pushing Iwobi more forward in central positions.
I think Gordon and Gray will be ahead of McNeil, with Maupay moving him to the bench.

Pressure will be in the two starters

Pickford

Patterson Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko

Gana

Onana Iwobi

Gordon Dominic Calvert-Lewin Gray

Begovic Coleman Vinagre Mina Garner Docuoure Allan McNeill Maupay

There’s a few players to come back from injury but as long as we don’t have a complete season long injury crisis that team is decent enough to stay in the league. Another attacker would have been nice but there’s enough there as long as we don’t have more major injuries at CF and CB.
That squad is easy good enough to finish I’m mid table.

We haven’t conceded many though, I’m happy with the defence and I’m sure it will get stronger. Midfield is exciting but just let’s hope the forward players can come up with the goods. I have a feeling maupay may surprise us with a few goals.
To be honest we could have conceded about 15 against Brentford. The defence has been far from perfect but should improve with cohesion and consistency.

Yeah, I could see that. I’d argue we’re shorter in those areas than at CF, like, but it’s not catastrophic, as long as we can avoid injuries…
We could also in theory play a 5-3-2 with a narrow midfield 3 and 2 strikers, or 5-3-1-1, with Maupay off DCL, with width coming solely from the wing backs if we lose our wingers/wide forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.