Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the right deal wasnt available for the right player then too right Kopite Kev never pulled the trigger & signed someone anyway.

For too long we’ve signed shabite for the sake of it i.e Josh King, its pointless & if thats been the case this summer then so be it.

Done well over the last week or so, this window was never going to be easy, every pound had to justified, not just too FFP eyes but to ourselves.
We've made the squad better and if Gordon can carry on with the form few of us predicted he would find, this season should be less stress then the last.
He's been with us 6 months only and with a ridiculously low budget has helped to transform this squad from the garbage we had to endure last year. Well done Kevin lad.

He needs to explain his window strategy and why he ignored the glaring need for goalscorers. If I can see the problems 5 weeks ago then why can he not see them.

Why was no Richarlison replacement lined up alongside the sale?

Why was the manager forced to start 5 premier league games without a centre forward?

He needs to explain his window strategy and why he ignored the glaring need for goalscorers. If I can see the problems 5 weeks ago then why can he not see them.

Why was no Richarlison replacement lined up alongside the sale?

Why was the manager forced to start 5 premier league games without a centre forward?

1. Because we’re skint
2. Because we have DCL and replacing him costs big money, see point 1.
3. Gone are the days of spunking money on any old shabite, if the right player isnt available for the right deal, Everton dont push the button.

Hope that when lampard gets the sack, he'll go with him as he is as much to blame if not more for not getting richy replaced

1. Because we’re skint
2. Because we have Dominic Calvert-Lewin and replacing him costs big money, see point 1.
3. Gone are the days of spunking money on any old shabite, if the right player isnt available for the right deal, Everton dont push the button.

Its the clubs job to find a replacement when we sell our top goalscorer for 60m. Giving them excuses is one of the main reasons why this club has been ran in such a shambolic fashion.

Calvert-Lewin should not be considered our main no.9 at this point until such time as he proves his fitness over a sustained period. This was the time to replace him.

They've gambled our Premier league status and they've let down the manager. He has virtually no chance with this forward line. Its not good enough for a club of our stature.

Its the clubs job to find a replacement when we sell our top goalscorer for 60m. Giving them excuses is one of the main reasons why this club has been ran in such a shambolic fashion.

Calvert-Lewin should not be considered our main no.9 at this point until such time as he proves his fitness over a sustained period. This was the time to replace him.

They've gambled our Premier league status and they've let down the manager. He has virtually no chance with this forward line. Its not good enough for a club of our stature.
If we have not prioritised a CF it is because the coaching staff are confident that Calvert - Lewin will be capable of staying fit for a full season and let’s face it they should know better than us.
To be honest I think Calvert - Lewins fitness or perceived lack thereof has been overplayed by some with little to support it.
Would still have liked another forward like but I think it’s been a solid window overall personally.

If we have not prioritised a CF it is because the coaching staff are confident that Calvert - Lewin will be capable of staying fit for a full season and let’s face it they should know better than us.
To be honest I think Calvert - Lewins fitness or perceived lack thereof has been overplayed by some with little to support it.
Would still have liked another forward like but I think it’s been a solid window overall personally.
He hasn't been able to put any games together since August of last year. Thats about 53 weeks ago. Its not overstated. Its a massive concern.

The fact we were planning to go into the Chelsea game relying on him was ineptitude of the highest order. He had literally had to miss a pre season game the previous week.

Status
Not open for further replies.