Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton front 3.

Gordon Calvert-Lewin McNeil
Gray Maupay Townsend
Rondon
Towsend is out till January....so he doesn't count...plus 5 changes this season...if had loads of young talent from the academy then maybe, but only talent coming through as per pre season games are defensive players

Why are people acting like we didn’t sign Maupay the other day? Yeah it would’ve been nice to get another forward in but it’s not the end of the world that some are making it out to be.

Literally any forward we were planning on bringing in today was not a starter, that was never the plan. We’re not relying on Calvert Lewin by himself, Maupay, Gray and Gordon should quite comfrtoably be aiming for at least 6 goals each this season, plus whatever Calvert Lewin will get.

I swear some of you on here would prefer us to fail just so you could say “I told you so”. Club has made massive progress this summer in the market and if people try to act like Richarlison was some mythical being that can’t be replaced despite only scoring 2 more than Maupay last year then that’s up to you to cry about. Look at it this way, Maupay and McNeil or Richarlison and Rondon, becuase that’s basically what we’ve done, I think we’re better off now.

We’ll be absolutely fine. Last season we had a good goalkeeper, alright wingers and a good striker. Even if you say Maupay is the “starting” striker which he isn’t, he’s a downgrade, aside from Pickford literally every other area of the team has improved, massively in most places. If you can’t or won’t see that then you’re ignorant.

Our best 11 is better in a good 5-7 positions than is was last year and worse in just one. That’s progress.
A negative agenda has been set. Too many people are just waiting for us to fail

Why are people acting like we didn’t sign Maupay the other day? Yeah it would’ve been nice to get another forward in but it’s not the end of the world that some are making it out to be.

Literally any forward we were planning on bringing in today was not a starter, that was never the plan. We’re not relying on Calvert Lewin by himself, Maupay, Gray and Gordon should quite comfrtoably be aiming for at least 6 goals each this season, plus whatever Calvert Lewin will get.

I swear some of you on here would prefer us to fail just so you could say “I told you so”. Club has made massive progress this summer in the market and if people try to act like Richarlison was some mythical being that can’t be replaced despite only scoring 2 more than Maupay last year then that’s up to you to cry about. Look at it this way, Maupay and McNeil or Richarlison and Rondon, becuase that’s basically what we’ve done, I think we’re better off now.

We’ll be absolutely fine. Last season we had a good goalkeeper, alright wingers and a good striker. Even if you say Maupay is the “starting” striker which he isn’t, he’s a downgrade, aside from Pickford literally every other area of the team has improved, massively in most places. If you can’t or won’t see that then you’re ignorant.

Our best 11 is better in a good 5-7 positions than is was last year and worse in just one. That’s progress.
I genuinely enjoy reading your posts. Do completely agree with everything you said too. Shame we’ve not signed another attacking player but two months ago to say we’d replace richarlison with someone with similar goal scoring stats, massively improve our midfield and defence id have been very surprised. It’s nice to see us have a plan and try and improve all our weakest areas for once. If we did this 5 years ago we’d have been in a far better position in the league with a far superior squad to what we now have.

Big wages of allan and mina being gone next season, the kean money coming in and rondon being gone from the club for good I’m more hopefull than I have been for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.