Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's more of an Ajax thing? They do seem to err toward technique rather than the physical side. Maybe that's my perception?
I think it is. Ajax is such a well oiled machine, they play a certain style and grow a certain type of player because of it. They can be very successful in the NL and Europe, but both Ajax players and managers seem to struggle much more when they join the PL. They seem to do better if they join teams in say, Italy or Spain first, and get more experience outside of the NL than they do when going directly to England.

Buy back clause on the Garner deal takes the gleam off a little, lets hope its something astronomical and they end up begging to pay it!
I don't get this to be honest, buy back clauses have always worked out well for us. Look at it this way if he does really well then he's effectivley just a loan that we get paid for, also for as crap as United's midfield are they're gonna be looking at the level of de Jong if they need replacements in future, Garner would have to do incredibly well, which again is only a positive for us. I'd take deals with buybacks on young players all day long, it's such an easy way to make profit if it's triggered which most of the time it's not.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin, still recovering and will need time to get his fitness levels to match standard.

Even if there are no takers, Frank has seen enough of kebab head Rondon and won’t play him.

Which leaves us a Maupay injury away, from Gordon having to play up front again.

Need another striker.
Rondon - imagine being kept out of the team by 'False' ... lost his position to the prefered player - no-one!

Not a fan of players sulking when they dont get a move, if true, puts me right off them.
It seems ajax are being incredibly petty , as he barely gets opportunities on the bench and just want to hoard him as he's starting to garner attention. Hes not pulling what's the dudes name who drove to the other teams car park because he wanted a transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.