• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player at sitting in front of the "hopefully" back four.

Missed him ever since he left, even at his age. He can do a great job for 2 years
I recall him being a bit more headless chicken than sitter. Great at getting the ball off the opposition - didnt he have the leagues highest rate of returning the ball back to us? His distribution was always a bit dodgy too but if he can play short passes to our much improved CB passers that woul;d be good.

Theyve just tried putting extra clauses in the deal with sunderland at the last second as well. Snide bullyboy tactics
It's just who they are - small, mean and in possession of a lot of money. It's not hard to see why they are that way, if you look at the country's history. They've been pushed around by their much larger neighbor to the south and west for decades. That sort of thing turns people into snides.

Nothing to do about it but dust ourselves off, get him in and see how much is still in Gueye's tank.

I would too. But it's seemed inevitable since it was first mooted.

Either Everton or PSG have blinked now and it'll be done is my guess.

Gueye and Onana in CM will hand us some security.
Most likely Paris as they realised it’s pointless keeping a player who doesn’t want to stay and collect a wage

Will be a quiz question in years to come.

How many times was Idrissa Gana Gueye "close" to joining Everton in 2022?

It's about 4 times now.

I would too. But it's seemed inevitable since it was first mooted.

Either Everton or PSG have blinked now and it'll be done is my guess.

Gueye and Onana in CM will hand us some security.
Yep, it was always going to go till the last couple of days this, see who blinked first like you say. I must admit, out of all of the players we have been linked with the last few weeks, this is the one that was on the top of my want list. For me Gana instantly improves us defensively and offensively. He is up there with the likes of Gareth Barry for his holding, tackling and moving the ball forward intelligently and still has at least 2 good years or more left in him yet. Add Onana into the equation and all of a sudden we are a lot more solid all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.