Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

…I’ve always thought the Kudus deal will be lots down to Kudus. More specifically, if he pushes for it enough, then these transfers usually happen.
Not too sure about that Anthony been pushing for a move since January.
Ajax not entertained it til a ridiculous offer came in.
Could be a very long wait for him no matter how hard he pushes.

Think this will still happen based on the chatter about it. Would be our Gibbs-White alternative/Dele replacement. Interesting that we're now talking to them about a permanent deal because I have no clue on the amount it would be.

If we can close the deal for Kudus, Garner (and Gana if can still happen on a free), and one other decent goal scorer that would be okay. We'd still be too reliant on Gordon taking a big step up and Dom staying healthy, but I'd understand the strategy. Good mix of young players and veterans.

There is a big difference on how Lampard wants to play and how Everton has played with him as a manager. Agree?

When he first came in, his tactics were much more similar to how Derby and Chelsea played with him as a manager. High defensive line, high intensive press, less long balls and a team that had more ambition in possession. It looked great a couple of matches (Brentford in the cup, Leeds at home) but Lampard soon learned the hard way that with the players available, Everton needed a much more passive and proactive approach. Something I hoped he would try to address this summer.

Wolves play nothing like how Lampard likes to play. They have more possession since Lage took over, but they still sit back, wants to play with a low block and are by far the most passive team in the league. They dont press. Not at all.

Adjusted for minutes Richarlison registered 50% more pressures on the attacking third than Gordon last season. 100% more than Gray. The work rate and work off the ball are just as important to replace as the goals Richarlison scored.

I cant find numbers from Hwang in Austrian football, but from the limited numbers of minutes he got for Leipzig it seems like he had three times as many attacking third pressures there as he has for Wolves. Wolves are nothing like Leipzig are. And they are nothing like what Everton should aspire to be.

Best match under Lampard, Leeds at home last season, Everton had 76 attacking third pressures. This season we have 99 in four matches (16th in league). No surprise that Wolves have fewest with 80.
Doesn't matter how Lampard wants to set-up does it? Red Kev put the system you speak of in place at Wolves and has since put it in place here.

The real clincher is the fact that we've signed Coady, a player so incapable of playing in a back 4, that his club were prepared to let their influential captain move to a rival on loan so they can finally switch system. No eay we do that unless we are sticking with KT's system of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.