Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've just watched the match and I was torn between Gordon and Iwobi for MoM, but I had to give it to Iwobi. He has the knack of being in the right place at the right time to collect loose balls. And I'm not going to blame him for their goal because he hasn't got eyes in the back of his head. Patterson was behind the Brentford player and should have done something about him.

Those people saying Gray should have scored are ignoring the fact that the opposition are allowed to prevent you scoring, which is what happened when the Brentford player got in a blocking tackle just as Gray was shooting.

As for luck, well isn't it about time we got some? Okay they hit the woodwork 3 times, but it's cricket where you're supposed to do that, not football, so hitting the frame of the goal is as much use as shooting straight at the goalie.

For once we seem to have had a decent referee, although does anyone know why he booked Pickford? Leaving the field of play without permission perhaps? Grinning inappropriately?

All things considered I think it was a good all round performance with some luck on our side.

I've just watched the match and I was torn between Gordon and Iwobi for MoM, but I had to give it to Iwobi. He has the knack of being in the right place at the right time to collect loose balls. And I'm not going to blame him for their goal because he hasn't got eyes in the back of his head. Patterson was behind the Brentford player and should have done something about him.

Those people saying Gray should have scored are ignoring the fact that the opposition are allowed to prevent you scoring, which is what happened when the Brentford player got in a blocking tackle just as Gray was shooting.

As for luck, well isn't it about time we got some? Okay they hit the woodwork 3 times, but it's cricket where you're supposed to do that, not football, so hitting the frame of the goal is as much use as shooting straight at the goalie.

For once we seem to have had a decent referee, although does anyone know why he booked Pickford? Leaving the field of play without permission perhaps? Grinning inappropriately?

All things considered I think it was a good all round performance with some luck on our side.
I was wondering why Pickford got booked as well seemed bizarre, would like to see the incident before the corner for the goal as Mykolenko seemed to think he got there before the ball went out of play and it should have been a throw in.

Defence starts from up front (that's what my football coach used to say anyway!). If we aren't doing anything in the attacking third we're just inviting pressure.
Incredibly true that statement @sbbefc. Without a recognised front man to close down/hold up play/be an outlet, the entire team is thrown out of synch. To be honest, I am surprised we are performing as well as we are, and the sooner this imbalance is redressed the quicker we will be to be able to rectify this problem. Then we fans can start to asses how the coach and players are doing.

As @windymiller states above, this nonsense should have been addressed as soon as the injury to DCL occurred, and no loans to our other forwards should have even been considered until it had been rectified.

I know the defending at the corner for their goal wasn’t great, but the corner should never have happened. You can see that it never went out for a corner. Myk cleared it for a throw but the linesman flags corner. Another example of plain bad luck/decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.