Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting those points away from home does you good in the long run. We weren't getting them last season. Didn't deserve to win, just stopped playing when we went in front. But if we get the transfer right that's about the worst squad we should have all season. No harm done.
we comfortably beat brighton away from home last season and got a point at stamford bridge with our under 12's before professor 5 at the back came in

Look at the options we have though. Plus another injury to a CB. A draw away to Brentford is a good result. They could have scored more but so could we. Last season I reckon we get beat comfortably.
2 points dropped there. Keeping 3 up front in hope to shut out shop it ain’t working.

Gordon definitely MOTM. Iwobi started out well again but faded. He needs a sitter behind I think. I was hoping Onana would be a Rodri/Fabinho type but that doesn’t appear to be the case, which is okay. You can see the tools with him, when he gains confidence I think he’ll be a big time player. He needs to push the ball up more and think a little faster, but he’s 20 and it’s a big step up from Ligue 1.

Didn't watch a second of it, sounded like we had our moments, but also sounded like we could have gotten legged

Weird one, because 90% of folks would have been fine with a draw beforehand

Probably would have accepted a draw beforehand, but after leading so long, it's a little disappointing to concede so late, thought we were crying out for changes round about the 70 minute mark, we needed someone to hold the ball up top and our players looked dead on their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.