Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come, if we're so much better, we can't pick up any points?
Come on mate you're better than this.

You ,I and everyone knows if Dom wasn't injured & or we had propper striker options we would have more points.

A stupid push by Doucoure & poor finishing cost the points v Chelsea.
Poor finishing v Villa and could have won that at the end.
Same v Forest.
A striker solves all that.

How come, if we're so much better, we can't pick up any points?
Are you being purposefully pedantic or have you just not watched the games? Literally anyone who watched us for any spell last season would say we’re visibly much better, even without a striker so far. I don’t think we’ve played poorly at all considering what we’ve got.

Don’t act like losing to the likes of Chelsea or Villa after having unlucky moments in the game is the same as Norwich and Watford both absolutely playing us off the park with no response last season. If we continue as we are we’d probably end up 14th or 15th, if we can add more quality all around the squad, especially up top then we can finish higher.

Come on mate you're better than this.

You ,I and everyone knows if Dom wasn't injured & or we had propper striker options we would have more points.

A stupid push by Doucoure & poor finishing cost the points v Chelsea.
Poor finishing v Villa and could have won that at the end.
Same v Forest.
A striker solves all that.
Neal Maupay solves it?

Mate, we've lost two and won one against Villa, Forest and a Chelsea side who just got utterly humped by a Leeds team who finished below is in the league last season. In doing so we conceded four times and scored 2. You can say we're better, you can say we are more defensively solid but the bare statistics don't back it up. Now we're looking likely to sign Neal Maupay and likely selling Gordon. We'll have lost our most productive player and our best prospect and will be replacing them with a lad who contributed 1 goal to Burnley and a forward unwanted by one of the lowest scoring sides in the PL. That is where we are now. And you want us to focus on the positives?
Mate. If you want to wallow in self pity that's up to you. I prefer not to.

But I will be negative for a moment. If that best prospect that we may be selling put away the 3 or 4 very good chances that have come his way over the first 3 games we could easily be sitting here on 5 or maybe even 7 points.

The difference in those games was poor finishing by us combined with fine goalkeeping by the opposition. Small margins. Compare that to last season when we were often getting battered.

Means absolutely nothing, Liverpool 2 from 9.
Our all round play is much better.
Liverpool's form is deviating from the norm, ours is entirely consistent with our form before the summer break. Be blase about it if you want, it's a problem. We're used to losing, chances are we'll carry on doing it.

Maupay will be a decent move if he can come in get 8-10 goals then will help the team. Then with the links to diaz who i would take over broja as can play out wide aswell, would be a risk but could add more goals to us.

Are you being purposefully pedantic or have you just not watched the games? Literally anyone who watched us for any spell last season would say we’re visibly much better, even without a striker so far. I don’t think we’ve played poorly at all considering what we’ve got.

Don’t act like losing to the likes of Chelsea or Villa after having unlucky moments in the game is the same as Norwich and Watford both absolutely playing us off the park with no response last season. If we continue as we are we’d probably end up 14th or 15th, if we can add more quality all around the squad, especially up top then we can finish higher.
We can look better all you like, until we start picking up actual points it means absolutely nothing. Losing begets more losing and we're pros at losing. We just can't score goals.

Mate. If you want to wallow in self pity that's up to you. I prefer not to.

But I will be negative for a moment. If that best prospect that we may be selling put away the 3 or 4 very good chances that have come his way over the first 3 games we could easily be sitting here on 5 or maybe even 7 points.

The difference in those games was poor finishing by us combined with fine goalkeeping by the opposition. Small margins. Compare that to last season when we were often getting battered.
I'm not wallowing in anything, I'm demanding we do better. You seem happy with us losing, good for you, I'm sure you'll live a long stress free life, I'm not happy, I'm disgusted with the trajectory of this club. We can't score, don't create enough chances, are linked with signing terrible players and linked with selling our better players. There are red flags everywhere, yet you want us to be happy about it. No ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.