Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There won't be Gbamin , Delle , Tosun , Gomes etc stinking the place out.
Most likely Keane , Davies or Allan even Doucoure not playing.

Replaced by players that stay fit , hungry & arent just here for the paycheck.

A goalscorer or two & we are much better all round.
Really? Some garbage players going out who didn't play anyway and nobody in to replace them is a net positive? Is that really the best you've got? How far we have sunk.

So, in what ways are we better?
Going by the first 3 games of this season as a direct comparison to the last 6 months of last season.

We look more solid at the back.
We defend set pieces better.
We don't fall apart when we go behind.
We control the ball better and have better possession.
We are more combative all over the pitch.
And, regardless of what I said earlier about needing to be more creative, we have created more chances per game than last season.

The general consensus has been that we did ok in the first 3 games apart from scoring goals, because we have lacked a striker. I agree. We know what the problem is and it can be fixed. We need to get 2 in before the end of the window and a creative player on top.

Going by the first 3 games of this season as a direct comparison to the last 6 months of last season.

And, regardless of what I said earlier about needing to be more creative, we have created more chances per game than last season.

The general consensus has been that we did ok in the first 3 games apart from scoring goals, because we have lacked a striker. I agree. We know what the problem is and it can be fixed. We need to get 2 in before the end of the window and a creative player on top.
Please stop talking sense. There is no time for it in here! We deal in “full on panic” and “bed wetting”(even though there’s a week to go in the window)

Really? Some garbage players going out who didn't play anyway and nobody in to replace them is a net positive? Is that really the best you've got? How far we have sunk.
Onana....better
Coady...better
Tarkowski...better
McNeil...unsure
Vinagre...solid signing

Defense looks better
Midfield looks better
BIG problem areas last season.

If Dom is fit plus Maupay & one or 2 other forwards that's far better than last season.
Edit
BTW the emergence of Iwobi ,Gray & Patterson through propper coaching makes us better too.

Mate, we've lost two and won one against Villa, Forest and a Chelsea side who just got utterly humped by a Leeds team who finished below is in the league last season. In doing so we conceded four times and scored 2. You can say we're better, you can say we are more defensively solid but the bare statistics don't back it up. Now we're looking likely to sign Neal Maupay and likely selling Gordon. We'll have lost our most productive player and our best prospect and will be replacing them with a lad who contributed 1 goal to Burnley and a forward unwanted by one of the lowest scoring sides in the PL. That is where we are now. And you want us to focus on the positives?

Onana....better
Coady...better
Tarkowski...better
McNeil...unsure
Vinagre...solid signing

Defense looks better
Midfield looks better

If Dom is fit plus Maupay & one or 2 other forwards that's far better than last season.
How come, if we're so much better, we can't pick up any points?

I told my wife I expected Thursday to be big, and was surprised to see nothing happen all day. Then there was the Nkounkou rumor, which got me excited that they were making room for incoming transfers, and the Gbamin rumor quickly followed, and even quicker came the Maupay rumor.

Friday is definitely a big announcement day, right?

Onana....better
Coady...better
Tarkowski...better
McNeil...unsure
Vinagre...solid signing

Defense looks better
Midfield looks better

Is it? Says who?

I told my wife I expected Thursday to be big, and was surprised to see nothing happen all day. Then there was the Nkounkou rumor, which got me excited that they were making room for incoming transfers, and the Gbamin rumor quickly followed, and even quicker came the Maupay rumor.

Friday is definitely a big announcement day, right?
Don't do it to yourself, bud. It'll be Maupay and a reserve keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.