2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s as simple as we sell Gordon and then take our mo ey and start talking to other clubs. I’d wager there’s a domino effect in place of us not selling Gordon until every other deal we need is agreed. Then they’ll start falling one by one over the next few days but I doubt very much we sell up and then start at point 1 of a new transfer discussion.

I don’t think it’s as simple as we sell Gordon and then take our mo ey and start talking to other clubs. I’d wager there’s a domino effect in place of us not selling Gordon until every other deal we need is agreed. Then they’ll start falling one by one over the next few days but I doubt very much we sell up and then start at point 1 of a new transfer discussion.
This is 100% what is happening, and it always drags to the deadline like this, but it doesn't make it any less stressful for us. I'm still hopeful we'll get an impact signing in if Gordon is sold, but I'm also even more appalled that we didn't move on an affordable, adequate striker as SOON as Dom got hurt. We need a lot more than just one forward. I think we've screwed the pooch there, but that we're being smart and methodical when it comes to Gordon/other incomings. But that opinion is too balanced for most.

This is 100% what is happening, and it always drags to the deadline like this, but it doesn't make it any less stressful for us. I'm still hopeful we'll get an impact signing in if Gordon is sold, but I'm also even more appalled that we didn't move on an affordable, adequate striker as SOON as Dom got hurt. We need a lot more than just one forward. I think we've screwed the pooch there, but that we're being smart and methodical when it comes to Gordon/other incomings. But that opinion is too balanced for most.
To build off what you're saying we should had a contingency player lined up before richie was sold that could of deputized as a striker. It's insane that they were so oblivious that dcl could be susceptible to other injury especially when the sweaty heap known as Rondon was our only other option

That is what's happening...and it's an absolute indictment of the governance of this football club.

To practically hand five PL games over to our opponents when we just avoided relegation last season is a terrible gamble with the club's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.