2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll know (and his family will be keeping him honest as he's still young) that the fans will be on his back if he's start to push for a move. He'll know what it means to be a local lad and to play for the club. I can't see him really pushing for it. If it was there then great - wouldn't anyone take the chance to move for more money and career advancement?

If he stays then I hope he continues to improve and help us get back to where we need to be.
As unlikely as it is, he'll also know that he's on a relatively modest contract with Everton now and could go and rupture his achilles tendon, medial ligament, etc. in the next game and have his career more or less ended.

There is apparently an improved contract from Everton on the table, and no doubt one from Chelsea for five years worth at least double what Everton are offering. That aside, he'd also need to more or less forfeit the opportunity to actually win things if he stays with us, as success is well and truly off the cards for the immediate future with Everton, whereas if he moves to Chelsea he right away has the chance to win domestic and European honours, which of course would then almost certainly catapult him into the national team.

It's really a no-brainer for him to join Chelsea, and for us to accept what's on the table. I genuinely have no idea why Everton hasn't already accepted it as we've now jeopardised our entire season dragging it out.

As unlikely as it is, he'll also know that he's on a relatively modest contract with Everton now and could go and rupture his achilles tendon, medial ligament, etc. in the next game and have his career more or less ended.

There is apparently an improved contract from Everton on the table, and no doubt one from Chelsea for five years worth at least double what Everton are offering. That aside, he'd also need to more or less forfeit the opportunity to actually win things if he stays with us, as success is well and truly off the cards for the immediate future with Everton, whereas if he moves to Chelsea he right away has the chance to win domestic and European honours, which of course would then almost certainly catapult him into the national team.

It's really a no-brainer for him to join Chelsea, and for us to accept what's on the table. I genuinely have no idea why Everton hasn't already accepted it as we've now jeopardised our entire season dragging it out.
We have for sure jeopardised it but 50 - 70 million is a huge jump if we can manage it, prolly another body in attack for that money.
If however we only spend 50 on replacements...people gunna ask questions....and rightly so.
I'm assuming we have our targets all lined up waiting for us to press the buy it now button. Again, though if we continue to dally once the Gordon money is in....more questions....and rightly so.
They have to get this sorted ASAP or we go the next two games without a point.

If you're doing business properly and sensibly you have two prices for this type of scenario, and you make that clear to them. You can have him for X if it's done by this weekend, if not the price will go up by Y. I wouldn't be too confident of our board taking that stance but that's what a competent salesperson would do for sure.

Basically that's what we did with Fellaini I do believe.

Agree. The fact Chelsea keep coming back with bids suggests we don’t have an asking price. We just keep saying no and are banking on Chelsea coming back with an improved to extract every penny from them.
If Forest are paying £50 million all in with add ons for Gibbs White which is essentially a championship purchase, easily Gordon is £70 -£80 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.